Saturday, January 07, 2006

Bad day, Good night.


So I had my chance to get a real 1968 Fender Bassman amp for 500 Canadian! I played with it for a good 1/2 hr this morning, and was superly impressed with the clean tones out of it. Driving the tubes gave a nice overdrive too. It sounded great with P90's, but it sounded awesome with a telecaster too.

My gosh, it just sounded incredible. And for 500 bucks! That was a steal of a deal! But, it came to my attention, another policy I was not made aware of, staff cannot buy used items that haven't been in the store for more than 1 week. What kind of BS policy is that? *sigh* Sometimes... I just don't understand why the house is deals such rough cards against their own players.

So, in my desperation to beat the system, I call Konrad up, and asked him to come down and buy it ha! He happily obliged, but it was all for naught. By the time he got down, it was sold.

I was so choked- No, I am still so choked about the whole deal... I almost feel kind of betrayed by the store! Why would they not let me buy that thing? Aren't I a valuable customer too? People often say how nice it must be to work there, but honestly, as an employee, your purchasing power is suddenly very restricted and limited.

It sucks complete ass sometimes.

Like today. Today sucked like crap.

But thanks Kon, for making the trip down. I really appreciate your willingness in the whole matter... But... I guess... I'll just bite the bullet and spend 800US on ebay for one later on in life.

Suck Ass Dammit!!

I had to deal with a very insistant father for the last two hours too, and man, it just didn't seem worth it. His 12 year old son was in the store with a family friend, but the father himself dealt with me over the phone. So, the kid found his guitar, and amp, which totalled to a good deal over 1k. So then, the family friend asks me to call up the father to tell him the situation.

No problem. The man freaks at the price, and asks me if I can drop it. I say no, go through the whole, "we have the lowest prices in town blah blah blah." He's not happy, ok, let me talk to my manager. So I run this with the man, he says, ok, drop 50 bucks. Called him back up, he freaks at the lack of discount. "If you drop it to 1100, I'll pay it full in cash!" He says, "I want to talk to your manager." Fine fine, so I page him, tell him the situation again, and he talks to the father over the phone.

Alright, so they came to a price agreement. I take the call again. "Alright, so how will you be paying for this? Debit?"

"No, I'll give you my MasterCard number."

"Mastercard sir? Didn't you say you'll pay this in cash?"

"Yeah, cash. As in Mastercard cash."

You said cash you Moron!! Mastercard isn't friggin cash!! That's friggin credit!! You know what?! I don't work commision here, We're done here, I don't even want to sell you this guitar!

"You do realize we have to verify your card sir?"

5 minutes to close, the family friend is complaining that they're late for their dinner, father's on the phone giving me hell, and all I wanted was that Bassman.

Bad day.

So, after work, my old Highschool friend called me up for dinner. He just got back in town from his homeland of Argentina, and we talked and caught up on some old times. We talked about relationships, past and present. He had a hot and passionate night with a spicy Argentinan lady on New Years. I had my fellowship over, and I passed out on the couch. Hahaha! But yeah, the real funny part was when he rebuked me for my materialistic lust. Ah, he had a point, and good deals come and go, but frick, this was a really nice amp, for a really good price.

It was a good night.

8 Comments:

Blogger Havok said...

"Suck Ass Dammit!!"

Umm..your blog offends me; can you stop swearing? :P

1/08/2006 11:02 p.m.  
Blogger clarissaching said...

Glad it all worked out in the end, Jon. Old friends heal many wounds. =)

1/09/2006 10:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

guysss... give him a break!!
=D , ;p , tidleto.

1/11/2006 1:03 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it offends you, don't read it. :D Lay off, it's his blog. tidletoto.

1/16/2006 4:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no! Let's all judge him since we are self-righteous Christians.

1/16/2006 4:19 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

lol! Who's this anonymous person? Reveal your secret identity, so we can laugh together as a united body.

1/17/2006 10:43 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are, I believe, atleast 4 individuals who write as anonymous. Those 3 comments could be from all different people. Myself, not included.

- Anonymous#5

1/18/2006 1:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It may or may not be me either. Who are all these imposters? Show yourselves, you demons!! I mean, you people!!

- Anonymous#6

1/18/2006 8:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home