In Your Face!
Well, two things happened today, the first on purpose, the other occured innocently.
As I was merging onto Beddington Blvd. this morning, this lady wouldn't let me in! She was going at a decent speed, but as I sped up to pass her, she sped up aswell! And I'm looking at her, but she stares straight ahead pretending not to notice anything. Thus I am forced to brake and go in behind. It was kind of annoying, but I had plenty of time, so I didn't become too anxious about it.
Well, I stayed behind her, and as we approached another merge section, she did the exact same thing to Beamer! And I thought to myself, doesn't this lady know anything about courteous driving?
So anyway, I take the left lane now, and I pass her, and as the road merged into Deerfoot, I realized... I could give her a taste of her own medicine! Ah, what the hell, I thought. So as she sped up to try to pass me, I matched her speed. And as she looked over to me to give me this "What the heck is wrong with you look," I gave her one of those mentos smiles and shrug. As she slowed to merge behind me, I sped off feeling very satisfied with myself.
Yeah... So I took revenge in my own hands today... It was sweeeeeeeeeeet.
Alright, story #2:
There's a girl... hmm, both these stories are about girls I just realized. Please keep in mind, I have nothing against them. It's just mere coincidence.
So anyway, there's this girl I work with, who walks into the acoustic room with a customer and proceeds to explain some guitars. I am, in the meantime, tuning some up. I overhear her give off some wrong information, and so in the same manner that my collegues have corrected me in the past, I say "Oh, that's actually a solid top guitar."
"Uh, no," she replied in a condecending tone. "They're laminated tops."
"No I'm serious, they're solid!"
"I've been selling these for five years, your telling me I'm wrong? Look!" and she pulls one off the rack to show me the wood grain of the sound hole.
I'm a bit taken aback by her aggressiveness, but, I pointed out that, by the wood grain, it was in fact a solid top. I've been selling these for three months, I wanted to say. But rather, I also pointed out the label which clearly said: Solid Cedar Trans Blue.
Thank goodness, another coworker meddled in and in my defence said, "yeah, those are solid tops."
Needless to say, she was not happy with me, but hey, nobody has to be that arrogant. Or am I just a dick?
...Nah. Some people deserve it haha. I'm sure I'll get mine too.
As I was merging onto Beddington Blvd. this morning, this lady wouldn't let me in! She was going at a decent speed, but as I sped up to pass her, she sped up aswell! And I'm looking at her, but she stares straight ahead pretending not to notice anything. Thus I am forced to brake and go in behind. It was kind of annoying, but I had plenty of time, so I didn't become too anxious about it.
Well, I stayed behind her, and as we approached another merge section, she did the exact same thing to Beamer! And I thought to myself, doesn't this lady know anything about courteous driving?
So anyway, I take the left lane now, and I pass her, and as the road merged into Deerfoot, I realized... I could give her a taste of her own medicine! Ah, what the hell, I thought. So as she sped up to try to pass me, I matched her speed. And as she looked over to me to give me this "What the heck is wrong with you look," I gave her one of those mentos smiles and shrug. As she slowed to merge behind me, I sped off feeling very satisfied with myself.
Yeah... So I took revenge in my own hands today... It was sweeeeeeeeeeet.
Alright, story #2:
There's a girl... hmm, both these stories are about girls I just realized. Please keep in mind, I have nothing against them. It's just mere coincidence.
So anyway, there's this girl I work with, who walks into the acoustic room with a customer and proceeds to explain some guitars. I am, in the meantime, tuning some up. I overhear her give off some wrong information, and so in the same manner that my collegues have corrected me in the past, I say "Oh, that's actually a solid top guitar."
"Uh, no," she replied in a condecending tone. "They're laminated tops."
"No I'm serious, they're solid!"
"I've been selling these for five years, your telling me I'm wrong? Look!" and she pulls one off the rack to show me the wood grain of the sound hole.
I'm a bit taken aback by her aggressiveness, but, I pointed out that, by the wood grain, it was in fact a solid top. I've been selling these for three months, I wanted to say. But rather, I also pointed out the label which clearly said: Solid Cedar Trans Blue.
Thank goodness, another coworker meddled in and in my defence said, "yeah, those are solid tops."
Needless to say, she was not happy with me, but hey, nobody has to be that arrogant. Or am I just a dick?
...Nah. Some people deserve it haha. I'm sure I'll get mine too.


26 Comments:
I agree with Jon, down with the chicks! Kill the FoolS!!! :P
Sorry to burst your bubble here, but men aren't any easier to deal with...
haha, like I said, it was simply coincidence. havok makes a fine specimen of exactly the men you speak of.
yes they are! ...esp drivers. I am a terrible driver.
-a girl who loves jonnyboy
Hahaha, that is so funny. Love your stories. I guess it's true what they say about men and women. Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus.
hahaha.
Marry the first girl. Or is she a lady? oh well.
jon is a girl hater!
Men aren't ALL bad... just all the mean stupid ones. =)
eric, you mean me? You really dont hate Jon enough to actually want that. =) He should marry that anonymous girl who loves him. Ooh la la! *wink wink nudge nudge*
Whoa whoa! I never said girls were bad drivers! I just said that that particular one had no sense of courtesy.
But! Ms. Anonymous, upon Clarissa's recommendation, so long as you are anonymously single, and preferably female, I just might marry you.
No i meant the female driver, I like her style and how it merges with jonny's.
hmm... maybe that will blend into a nice tone. har har.
Anonymously single jonny? doesnt that just mean she doesnt have to tell you shes married? theres a site for that stuff....
not all female drivers are bad, but the majority of bad drivers are female.
who the heck tries to change lanes during rush hour by being right beside you and expect you to see the turning signals and then force you off to the shoulder so they can get in? Sheesh, 3 times it has happened in the past few weeks, all by female drivers.
You all better hope there are lots of good women drivers out there cuz remember, one day, you're all gonna have to let your wife drive your car. =)
whoops, I meant wives... i think you'd have problems with just 1 wife between the many of you...
I think 3 wives would be perfect....
and i wouldnt let ANY drive my car. They cant even touch it. I love nature.
And that is why it occured to women that if men think they drive so badly, why not hit them where it hurts with a "sorry, honey, but I had a hard time parking my car in the garage today and it accidentally bumped yours. Oops *giggle giggle*, my bad." Nature gave you balls, but it gave us brains. =)
In all honesty, though, I think you'd be way too nice (not to mention whipped) to not let your wife drive your car. And that's probably why she'll love you. =)
whoa. I actually, didn't write that last blog. I think I've been hacked!
Ah wait, no hacking involved. There's no Hobbes' picture beside that name. *phew*
Er, comment rather, not blog. I didn't write that comment on 3 wives. And whoever did, clearly does not know me well enough, as 3 wives would certainly not be enough for me.
And I play favourites, so yes, my #1 wife would have car driving priviledges on certain designated days of the week.
haha i just sat in a girl's car and she admitted to being not very confident of her driving skills either. =p
I saw 18 comments and I was like .. hmm... did a certain person finally discover the truth?.. but no, i came in here and learned the guys have been beat equally in this here battle of the sexes. =(
"3 wives would certainly not be enough for me"
Goodness, 1 husband would be more than enough for me! =)
Chak, meh, all in good fun! =)
all your base are belong to us.
haha - we busted out some timely ones of these two lines last night at band practice.
p.s. shaun macdonald's flickr if ya click on my name - jonny, you probably know who else's blog i comment on - the full story about it is there.
Alright, I'm gonna end this debate:
The three O's of bad driving:
1. Old
2. Ovaries
3. Oriental
Jonny, i'm not gonna leave my name here.
You coming to wintercon? Did you register yet?
Disgusting sexist male pigs. :)
-a girl who no longer loves jonnyboy anymore
Thanks for steering this back into perspective Alica :) Yeah, it was that boy genius havok who started the whole sexist anyway.
Jon is pretending to not be sexist and trying to scapegoat king. :)
lol, busted-
Hey wait! Shut up!
Post a Comment
<< Home