Sunday, November 27, 2005

Fire in Education!!

Many an all-nighter I have pulled in the past, but never one on a Saturday night. I'm just about finished my paper, and by just about, I'd say... 4-5 more pages to go haha. Which, seems very doable now. I think I might even go over the required set of pages. It's funny how, these lengths seem so unobtainable, but once you get closer to the event horizon, that pressure to BS subdues and your work becomes more qualatative...

Anyway, 4:00am, all other patrons in the Education building have long vacated the building, and I'm all alone in the Doucette labs. So I decided, yeah, I could take a pit stop. So I grab a banana and a juice box and head out for a walk, and you know that bridge/connector to the Education Tower? I thought I might admire the view from the bridge as I eat and drink.

But WHOA!!! What reeks?! I know that smell... Indeed, memories of cleaning the deep fryer at the Pelican Pier flooded in like a wave of pimples. It was the smell of burning grease! And it was so strong!

So I head down to the main floor to investigate, AND THE PLACE WAS AN INFERNO!!!! So I ran to a campus security phone and dialed them in, and in a panic, ran to the hose, but I couldn't get it to work, and man! The heat!! THE HEAT!! So I ran to the other side of the building until I found an extinguisher, and... That's when security came in, and we took the blaze together! Pretty mofo'in sweet man!

Nah... If only :) So I head down to the main floor to investigate, and yeah, it was pretty foggy. I open the glass door, and Dang! The stench was pretty bad, and honestly my lungs still hurt from inhaling the smoke. Not smart Jonny. But some dude probably left the flat stove on. So I go back up to the third floor, call security, and they say, "Thanks, we'll check it out," and here I am blogging away.

Alright, 5 more pages to go. 5 more hours till church.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, i'm gullible. totally believed your firefighting heroics.

happy sleeping tonight.

11/27/2005 2:58 p.m.  
Blogger simply said...

lol.. dang.. it sounded so believable.. and this isnt the first time you had this style of blog too~
what happend to your pink hotness??

11/27/2005 3:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, less strain on the eyes while reading

11/27/2005 10:31 p.m.  
Blogger clarissaching said...

Ah yes, papers... believe it or not, I kinda miss pulling all nighters to finish papers and study for tests!

I totally believed you on your little story... but hey, I'd take boring over tragic anyday.

Good luck on your paper!

11/27/2005 11:06 p.m.  
Blogger simply said...

btw.. xanga lets me upload 200 mb of pictures now.. (10 mb up per month)___u asked me about it a couple months back

11/27/2005 11:36 p.m.  
Blogger Havok said...

you go to church? YOU?!?!

11/28/2005 1:22 a.m.  
Blogger Geo said...

only so he can catch up on the sleep he lost to pull his all-nighter

11/28/2005 5:13 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

Zing!

11/28/2005 8:58 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh sweet xengah... almosted temted to join just to be able to comment on my international classmates of mystery from highschool

11/28/2005 10:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home