Speechless
This last Saturday was really exciting... Firstly, in the morning, a fellow came in, with a beat up guitar case, clunked it on our counter and said, "Hi, I just inherited this from my grandfather... can you tell me what it's worth?"
Anyway, it was a 30's Gibson Army/Navy issue acoustic, and wow! The Army/Navy's were their el'cheapo line at the time, so we only valued it at 1000 bucks, but even still, it was in GREAT shape! Everything was tip top solid, and it had this dull, Bob Dylan tone to it, I had to play Mr. Tambourine Man on it. I personally have never held a guitar so old, although we did have a 1920's Gibson mandolin for a time, but that guy wasn't all original.
Later on, a girl came into the acoustic room, and started playing.... STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN!! And I says: "Holy smokes, Pride and Joy!" And she goes, "That's right!" and we start talking about SRV. It was pretty cool, I don't hear his stuff played on acoustic very much. But yeah, if anyone wants to know my favourite DVD, it's SRV, Live at el Mocambo. Everytime I listen to this, or watch rather, I'm just so amazed at this man's devotion to sould and good tone. His tone is just incredible, and there is always something new to appreciate everytime I watch. I tried to share this joy with some others... but the only responce I get was, "Oh gross, he's sweating so much." I don't understand... Can't these people see beyond that? My gosh, this man was loaned to us by the gods for a very brief amount of time, but they took him back because they needed him. But some people just... well... anyway, this girl was a pretty good guitar player. Too bad she's married and in her 40's.
Too bad she's married.
The last cool thing that happened was... The Taylor T5 that we ordered a year ago finally came in! In particular, it was the Koa T5 Custom, and... if anyone knows me, I'm not that big on Taylors. But this piece was really cool. The koa top was just so mystical and archaic, the bloody thing seems like it was crafted by elven hands.
It was really a cool guitar. But not a keeper :P
PS. Thanks for the cake Clarissa!
Anyway, it was a 30's Gibson Army/Navy issue acoustic, and wow! The Army/Navy's were their el'cheapo line at the time, so we only valued it at 1000 bucks, but even still, it was in GREAT shape! Everything was tip top solid, and it had this dull, Bob Dylan tone to it, I had to play Mr. Tambourine Man on it. I personally have never held a guitar so old, although we did have a 1920's Gibson mandolin for a time, but that guy wasn't all original.
Later on, a girl came into the acoustic room, and started playing.... STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN!! And I says: "Holy smokes, Pride and Joy!" And she goes, "That's right!" and we start talking about SRV. It was pretty cool, I don't hear his stuff played on acoustic very much. But yeah, if anyone wants to know my favourite DVD, it's SRV, Live at el Mocambo. Everytime I listen to this, or watch rather, I'm just so amazed at this man's devotion to sould and good tone. His tone is just incredible, and there is always something new to appreciate everytime I watch. I tried to share this joy with some others... but the only responce I get was, "Oh gross, he's sweating so much." I don't understand... Can't these people see beyond that? My gosh, this man was loaned to us by the gods for a very brief amount of time, but they took him back because they needed him. But some people just... well... anyway, this girl was a pretty good guitar player. Too bad she's married and in her 40's.
Too bad she's married.
The last cool thing that happened was... The Taylor T5 that we ordered a year ago finally came in! In particular, it was the Koa T5 Custom, and... if anyone knows me, I'm not that big on Taylors. But this piece was really cool. The koa top was just so mystical and archaic, the bloody thing seems like it was crafted by elven hands.
It was really a cool guitar. But not a keeper :P
PS. Thanks for the cake Clarissa!


6 Comments:
maybe he just put that time in on his own....cheater.... :P
you blog a lot about wanting girls who are already taken...what's your problem..jeez!
Maybe cuz it's scary to want someone who's not taken... cuz that means you'd actually need to put your heart out there. Otherwise, it's just a musing that means nothing. I know the feeling.
Glad you had a great day. =) It's always nice when the little things make your day special. =)
Anyways, glad you liked the cake. Baking is very relaxing, so it's nice to have someone eat stuff after I'm done making it. =) Anyways, my mom says you should come hang out some time...maybe at Christmas or something if you're in town. =) Let us know. =)
LOL that awesome punchy!
Hey, how come King can call you Punchy?
mmm... reminds me of a tShirt-soaked-through john mayer - minus the girly death shrieks
Post a Comment
<< Home