Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Meet Florentine.



Honestly, this little lady has everything I could ever want in an acoustic. She's beautiful, old, unique, and sings just wonderfully. She's an old Victorian (who's factory has long since shut down in the early 80's) made guitar, comprised with completely solid woods. Spruce top, rosewood back and sides, and a nice piece of mahogany for the neck. Also worth mentioning is the double bounded rosewood, and the lightly stained ebony fretboard and bridge. I'm unsure of her exact date of birth, but considering the location of the manufacturer, and the sharp florentine cutaway (hence her name), I think it's safe to date her slightly under 30 years.

She took a little getting used to play, and needs a bit of a setup, but she sounds like a dream. The tension on the upper frets are a little hard, but nothing a truss rod adjustment can't fix. The only problem is, Jean designed his own unique truss rod wrench, to fit between one of the bracings that is in the way of the rod. Something only a bloody Frenchman could think of. Nevertheless, each string is defined so well when strummed, she makes Martin sound like he's got a sock in his mouth.

It's funny, Cain was telling me how God knew exactly what he likes. When he first met his wife, he said to himself, "I want to marry a woman like that!" Indeed, God knew how much I wanted a rosewood back and side acoustic, but when I had the chance to get a Chinese made Guild two years ago, He told me "No." Even though the deal was phenominal. Ah... So there was something better after-all. King's talking about waiting... And it is worth it I suppose. I just hope I can wait long enough for other things/persons/person.

Still, I've got one pretentious cat, and three wonderful guitars. (No amps). I couldn't be happier :) Thanks God!

11 Comments:

Blogger Leo said...

Nice guitar...

ooo....ahhh...

11/02/2005 1:48 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha....hahahhahahahha...

R

11/02/2005 5:24 p.m.  
Blogger Havok said...

nice cat too.... :)

11/02/2005 8:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, now we can say literally say "your guitar is very victorian" instead of it being an adjective.

caine? from south alliance?

hope your cat is well mannered when it comes to guitars... almost scary seeing it stalk the guitar in that one shot.

11/02/2005 11:24 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martin's suck. He's also a jerk and ugly too. Except for the model they make for me, the rest of them suck. Play fender only! And French guys can't make guitars. They only know how to fry snails. Get a real guitar, get a fender.

11/02/2005 11:36 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

I love my cat :)

11/03/2005 7:28 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HUh? i thought you had an amp... you must have... got rid of it.
Sweet. Ladies just under 30 are my favorite. I want to know how old charlie is. I will ask you... next time i think of it.
I also want to comment on your involvement of God even in the ownage of guitars. I can't think of what to say, but its on the positive side.
WOw just wait..... But think of it, you don't have to wait AT ALL to meet me!!! I hope your satisfied with that untill your other stuff/people comes.
Martin sounds like a guy, I thought only ladies piqued your interest.
Bye.
Eric.

11/03/2005 10:14 a.m.  
Blogger Josh said...

AHHHH
i wanna hear it....
booooo

sure looks pretty

11/03/2005 8:24 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

lol, Keep a child alive eh? Or rather, get kids addicted to crack at a young age.

11/05/2005 1:38 a.m.  
Blogger simply said...

this movie seems interesting for fellowship material..
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/the_gospel/

11/06/2005 4:07 p.m.  
Blogger clarissaching said...

cool. I didnt know you had a cat! =)

Um, if I knew anything about guitars, I could probably write more. Until then...um, nice guitars. They look pretty. =)

11/06/2005 9:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home