Mayer of War.

I think I've griped about this before, but last night, I put in the John Mayer DVD and man...
Anyone ever play God of War? There's a scene near the end where your trying to escape from Hades, and all around you, there's all these people falling and screaming to their doom.
That's what this DVD is like. I find myself trying to listen in on Mayer's blues licks (because I hate to admit it, there's a lot I can learn from him), but darn it, these people keep screaming! And I mean SCREAMING! They sound like they're dying! I could've sworn I heard one chick crying "OH MY *** I'M GONNA DIE!!" I had the volume up pretty high, and honestly, it hurt my ears.
Who in the crap engineered the sound for this? Because they ought to be dragged onto the street and shot. If anyone wants to hear a bunch of girls screaming like a horde of lab rats baking in a slow oven-cooker, pick up the John Mayer, Any Given Thursday DVD.


8 Comments:
lol.. obsessive girls.. dont need those..
no, i'm coming to calgary for sure =) see ya in a few months again
Thanks Jonny. I needed that encouragement from a fan. In fact, I think you're my first MALE fan, possibly the last.
I've been trying to work on not looking as stupid on stage, but its kind of hard. I'm also trying to sing better. I heard myself sing for the first time and I sound like I'm having some sort of athsma attack.
Anyways, fender guitars rock! And I get lots of money for promoting it. If you're a true fan, go get yourself one. If not, get lost!
hilarious, pure hilarious. remember you talking about the screaming before, plus read reviews where people didn't like that aspect of the DVD.
that's still my favorite concert DVD, although i haven't heard many. but that means either i'm too in love with john mayer to not notice (whoops...) or i've never heard the DVD in its full 5.1 dolby digital surround sound glory with the volume turned way up.
i wish i was (think dr. evil voice) 'hip' and 'with it' and 'jiggy' enough to use itunes cuz he put out four or five live albums called "as is", with the city he recorded in being the differentiator (is that even a word? but at least it's a reference to the dvd when he calls himself on the "christmas reference in the middle of summer"). the album art is really cute too, with artsy bunnies and stuff forming out of solid colored backgrounds.
haha! Your not Jon Mayer, he spells his name with an H.
Hey Sim, did reviews actually mention the over-excessive volumes of the crowds? You'll have to send me link, I'd like to see that :)
Wow, Jason's Coming to calgary.
Im quite attentive to that.
I think That man, Jon Mayer, i presume, with an H somewhere. He looks like cameron Diaz.
it might take me a while to find you the reviews - i think they're user reviews though.
jon, myer - lovin' it... haha
Did I mention that I'm pretty dumb (I mean look at at my face when I play). Not as dumb as eruc though.
i wish I looked like cameron diaz. Instead, I look like a mule.
I hope these songwriting classes I'm gonna take this fall will help me write a real song.
Last but not least. Please go out and buy yourself a fender!
Oh yeah, Jonny, are you asian? All these guys sound kinda asian. Is this an asian blog? Chinese? Hmmm, maybe I'll write a chinese song.
guess what dvd's currently playing!!! yeah, i just went to the beginning of "msg in a bottle" and there was a big scream that could really sound bad given a good 5.1 surrond sound system.
hmm, that reminds me that i've got to find those reviews for ya...
Post a Comment
<< Home