I love slide guitar...
Hmm, lots of hanging out with CPC folks lately. Work has been good, but all this overtime did not pay off! As I received my paycheque, it was substantially smaller than I expected! I'm a little peeved, and am going to speak with the accountant tomorrow. I'm pretty sure she made a mistake somewhere... in previous paycheques, taxes only cut about 10%... but for some reason, I've been taxed 20% on this one! What the blast?
Finally got to meet up with Clarissa and Nathan the other day. We've been planning this day for the last... 2 years? haha! Well, we watched Narnia which, in my opinion, was really well done! A lot of familiar scenes from LOTRs... like... the trek through snow and mountains heh. But yeah... I can't remember who it was, but someone said that they couldn't see the Biblical references in the film. I don't know... they were pretty blatant...
Anyway, our time together was pretty short, and we parted our separate ways afterwards. :( Nathan insisted on buying me buns though. Weird kid. HAHA! J/K
Alright, I got suckered into this interview thing that Alicia started:
THE RULES:
1. Leave a comment, saying you want to be interviewed.
2. I will respond with five questions for you.
3. You'll update your journal with my five questions, and your five answers. (Or if you have no journal, just post your responses as a reply here)
4. You'll include this explanation.
5. You'll ask other people five questions when they want to be interviewed.
Here's what King left me:
Jon, here are your questions:
1. If you could live the life and become one anime character, who would you choose and why?
Hmm, at first, I thought Spike. But then… nah, he’s too depressing. And I’m over with that kind of mentality I was already killed by a woman. But I like him for the mystery that he entails, and the romantism that is involved with that… But nah, mysterious guys always turn out to be boring.
So… it would have to be Shikamaru! Absolutely lazy, constantly day-dreaming, with his greatest ambition to marry a normal, not so pretty/not so ugly wife, and have two normal children, and lead a normal lifestyle hahaha. But his lack of motivation also prevents him from getting over-excited whenever he or his team mates are in trouble. But the best part, HE'S ALREADY BORING! So there's no mystery, no suprises for the Mrs.!
2. Think of ONE of the meanest things you've done to someone. What was it and/or what would you do differently given the circumstance (in terms of actions done or words spoken)?
Tough one... I'm not really a mean person, so I can't think of anything... Except, there was this one kid in elementary. He was kind of chubby and obnoxious, and I didn't really like him; so once, he took my hat right off my head! and I proceeded to pull his hair. What could've been done differently? If I could go back, I should've went for his balls instead. haha... *sigh* I kill myself.
No... no... I'm just kidding. Hmm... I don't know if this is the meanest thing I've done, but it's the only thing I can think of: I was absolutely fed up with being subject to silent treatment, and in my attempts to teach the other what it felt like to be under such a ridiculous form of communication (or lack-there-of), I did the same. haha, this in turn initiated the end of our relationship. Considering the amount of rage I'd been storing up at the time, and being that my patience had run out completely, I don't think I could have done anything differently. I still reflect upon this, but I honestly don't know what could have been done. The foundation of our communication was pretty bad to begin with, so I suppose it could start there. In any case, it still shocks me how spiteful I can be.
3. What is the ONE most important thing you would change about your church to make it a more effective fellowship/ministry/functioning community?
Hmm... this may offend and discourage some people. But I am bound to answer haha.
Apathy. Apathy to change. Apathy to take up leadership. Apathy to take risks. Apathy to see. Apathy to grow. Apathy to step down.
They say, when you draw your strength from God, you don't burn out. I guess I'm doing too much on my own strength then, because I am totally burning out. I rarely complain about my situation, because to be frank, I'm quite thankful for it. But with the academic workload, 2 jobs, private tutoring, and private lessons to fund my way, I can't keep up with worship leading. I don't want to step down completely, but I wish someone could take on some of the work. Yet, I get the same response from those whom I see potential in... Something about being ready, or no time.
Or perhaps I'm being too judgemental? Yet, sometimes, it does seem like E. Free means free of evangilicals.
Hmm... there's a lot more to say on this issue, but venting never helps anything, nor... is blogging the place for venting. I'll end it here.
4. If somone were to describe you as being one of The Beatles: Lennon, Ringo, Paul, or Harris...who would you consider yourself to be and why?
Ah, something on the lighter side. This one's easy :) George Harrison all the way. Shy and reserved, yet it was his innovation that gave so many of the Beatle’s signature licks that were original. But he always stayed quiet.
Also, he and Eric Clapton were good friends, but… Clapton fell in love with Harrison’s wife! The ENTIRE album, Layla, was completely dedicated to his wife HAHAHA! What a slimeball! Good album though. Eventually, the wife divorces Harrison and marries Clapton, yet the two guys remained good friends!!! Man, Harrison is such an easy going guy, I look up to him so much. Clapton later divorced the lady.
He also survived a stabbing!
5. What's the one thing a girl can do to get you to notice her?
Easy: She can ask me out, buy me flowers (if she picks out my favourite kind, I’ll be really impressed), pick me up, and pay for dinner. She must also have a stable career, one that can not only support myself and children, but with enough excess income to bring my lavish fantasies of a big house, a nice car, and a private jet to reality.
Or she could shave her head. I like bald women.
Ah… in all seriousness… the last girl I was extremely attracted to, was a great writer. The words she wrote were magic, and this was before I met her in person; where she turned out to be an extremely humble person. It’s hard to believe she wasn’t Christian… *sigh* So… Intellect? And maturity?
I can also be shallow. A nice butt doesn’t hurt.
But ultimately… a pleasant voice.
Or a shaved head.
Finally got to meet up with Clarissa and Nathan the other day. We've been planning this day for the last... 2 years? haha! Well, we watched Narnia which, in my opinion, was really well done! A lot of familiar scenes from LOTRs... like... the trek through snow and mountains heh. But yeah... I can't remember who it was, but someone said that they couldn't see the Biblical references in the film. I don't know... they were pretty blatant...
Anyway, our time together was pretty short, and we parted our separate ways afterwards. :( Nathan insisted on buying me buns though. Weird kid. HAHA! J/K
Alright, I got suckered into this interview thing that Alicia started:
THE RULES:
1. Leave a comment, saying you want to be interviewed.
2. I will respond with five questions for you.
3. You'll update your journal with my five questions, and your five answers. (Or if you have no journal, just post your responses as a reply here)
4. You'll include this explanation.
5. You'll ask other people five questions when they want to be interviewed.
Here's what King left me:
Jon, here are your questions:
1. If you could live the life and become one anime character, who would you choose and why?
Hmm, at first, I thought Spike. But then… nah, he’s too depressing. And I’m over with that kind of mentality I was already killed by a woman. But I like him for the mystery that he entails, and the romantism that is involved with that… But nah, mysterious guys always turn out to be boring.
So… it would have to be Shikamaru! Absolutely lazy, constantly day-dreaming, with his greatest ambition to marry a normal, not so pretty/not so ugly wife, and have two normal children, and lead a normal lifestyle hahaha. But his lack of motivation also prevents him from getting over-excited whenever he or his team mates are in trouble. But the best part, HE'S ALREADY BORING! So there's no mystery, no suprises for the Mrs.!
2. Think of ONE of the meanest things you've done to someone. What was it and/or what would you do differently given the circumstance (in terms of actions done or words spoken)?
Tough one... I'm not really a mean person, so I can't think of anything... Except, there was this one kid in elementary. He was kind of chubby and obnoxious, and I didn't really like him; so once, he took my hat right off my head! and I proceeded to pull his hair. What could've been done differently? If I could go back, I should've went for his balls instead. haha... *sigh* I kill myself.
No... no... I'm just kidding. Hmm... I don't know if this is the meanest thing I've done, but it's the only thing I can think of: I was absolutely fed up with being subject to silent treatment, and in my attempts to teach the other what it felt like to be under such a ridiculous form of communication (or lack-there-of), I did the same. haha, this in turn initiated the end of our relationship. Considering the amount of rage I'd been storing up at the time, and being that my patience had run out completely, I don't think I could have done anything differently. I still reflect upon this, but I honestly don't know what could have been done. The foundation of our communication was pretty bad to begin with, so I suppose it could start there. In any case, it still shocks me how spiteful I can be.
3. What is the ONE most important thing you would change about your church to make it a more effective fellowship/ministry/functioning community?
Hmm... this may offend and discourage some people. But I am bound to answer haha.
Apathy. Apathy to change. Apathy to take up leadership. Apathy to take risks. Apathy to see. Apathy to grow. Apathy to step down.
They say, when you draw your strength from God, you don't burn out. I guess I'm doing too much on my own strength then, because I am totally burning out. I rarely complain about my situation, because to be frank, I'm quite thankful for it. But with the academic workload, 2 jobs, private tutoring, and private lessons to fund my way, I can't keep up with worship leading. I don't want to step down completely, but I wish someone could take on some of the work. Yet, I get the same response from those whom I see potential in... Something about being ready, or no time.
Or perhaps I'm being too judgemental? Yet, sometimes, it does seem like E. Free means free of evangilicals.
Hmm... there's a lot more to say on this issue, but venting never helps anything, nor... is blogging the place for venting. I'll end it here.
4. If somone were to describe you as being one of The Beatles: Lennon, Ringo, Paul, or Harris...who would you consider yourself to be and why?
Ah, something on the lighter side. This one's easy :) George Harrison all the way. Shy and reserved, yet it was his innovation that gave so many of the Beatle’s signature licks that were original. But he always stayed quiet.
Also, he and Eric Clapton were good friends, but… Clapton fell in love with Harrison’s wife! The ENTIRE album, Layla, was completely dedicated to his wife HAHAHA! What a slimeball! Good album though. Eventually, the wife divorces Harrison and marries Clapton, yet the two guys remained good friends!!! Man, Harrison is such an easy going guy, I look up to him so much. Clapton later divorced the lady.
He also survived a stabbing!
5. What's the one thing a girl can do to get you to notice her?
Easy: She can ask me out, buy me flowers (if she picks out my favourite kind, I’ll be really impressed), pick me up, and pay for dinner. She must also have a stable career, one that can not only support myself and children, but with enough excess income to bring my lavish fantasies of a big house, a nice car, and a private jet to reality.
Or she could shave her head. I like bald women.
Ah… in all seriousness… the last girl I was extremely attracted to, was a great writer. The words she wrote were magic, and this was before I met her in person; where she turned out to be an extremely humble person. It’s hard to believe she wasn’t Christian… *sigh* So… Intellect? And maturity?
I can also be shallow. A nice butt doesn’t hurt.
But ultimately… a pleasant voice.
Or a shaved head.


6 Comments:
maybe u would have liked that girl in the video to lose her hair rather than her eyes.. =)
church is hard to change. but if everything was easy, where would the fun be?
There was a bald girl in Shaolin soccer movie.. maybe u should rewatch that.. haha
haha, nice post, Jon. =) You can shoot me up 5 questions. =)
Yeah, it was really good to see you and nathan again! I do wish we had more time to hang out and catch up but narnia was fun. I thought the movie was better than the book...
Awww, nathan bought you buns? That's so sweet! =)
What fun questions and answers. I had fun reading them. =) I already gave me my 2 cents on long hair and shaved heads... but that's pretty funny.
Darn, sometimes the nicest people aren't Christian. I dated a non-Christian once, and he was the nicest of all the guys I ever dated... in fact, the only one I still talk to... sometimes they come around, but nobody goes into a relationship hoping to change anyone. Who knows, though. If this guy ever did become a Christian, I would so give it a second shot. Anyways, that's kinda unrelated... but yeah, i know what you mean about sometimes finding that 'perfect' person for you, and finding out that s/he isnt a Christian. It's a toughie! But nothing stops you from being friends. =)
if only there were more bald/Christian/humble women around!!! :)
thanks for the honesty jonnytone, hope it didn't spark up any negative feelings as you wrote them about anything you wrote on....but at least it got you thinking and writing about topics that truly matter to u!
yeah, why is it that we hear so much about lennon and paul, but george gets the shaft!!! I don't get it?!
Sorry for cutting out early tonight... hope you had fun with the parents though! THanks for the chat, too, Jon! It's always good to talk to you! Take care! Catch you soon!
Likewise :) Hmm, it may take me a while to think up some questions, stay posted, I'll havem by tomorrow :P
King... the only negative feelings that were brought up was when you took my hat you big jerkface.
I still haven't forgiven you. I hate you! Give dees people air!!
Teach me the ways of the slide guitar....
Post a Comment
<< Home