Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Why Countries Resent America

Here's one for good reason:

Agent Orange

That's great! Another fine example of America doing what it does best: Showing no respect for life, and taking no responsibility for their course of actions.

For those who are unfamiliar with Agent Orange, it's pretty much an extremely potent herbicide; and because Americans aren't much for Guerrilla Warfare, they sprayed the stuff in mass quantities over jungles and farmlands to defoliate them.

Well, apparently, it did more than just kill the jungles. But hey, all's fair in love and war right? Right? Sure, it's no big deal really.

Please note: I'm being sarcastic.

6 Comments:

Blogger Geo said...

Sigh... the problem is that it's not just America that does this. NO country ever accepts responsibilities for their past actions. For instance: Japan is trying to not accept responsibility for their actions during WW2 in the Orients. Russia has never accepted responsibility for what they did to countries like Poland. Etc. Etc.
It's no wonder why World Peace is such a wanted commodity, but such a longshot... because nobody learns from mistakes made in the past.

5/04/2005 6:42 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

Good point. I just don't like America in particular. I have nothing against Americans, but, man... they're government...

5/04/2005 11:08 p.m.  
Blogger Geo said...

Yeah... another sad thing is... sooner or later (probably soon), nobody is going to like Canadians either, cause our government sucks just as bad now... and will only get worse if Harper wins...

5/04/2005 11:18 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it goes beyond taking responsibilies for your actions. Almost all government in all nations tries to deflect responsibility. The thing that seperates america from its counterpart democratic countries is that everything is about their own gain.

An obvious example is iraq. UN disapproved of the invasion because of lack of evidence iraq had all those bio/chem/ weapons. Yet the US went ahead and found nothing. Why? Oil. In rawanda (and now in sudan), genocides occured. People begged the US to send military in to stop this, and they turned the other way. Why? Theres nothing in it for them.

I'm not a liberal supporter, but thanks to them for actually growing some balls to stand up to the states. Its about time!

The more I hear harper talk, the more I realize he doesn't care about Canada. He only cares about being PM. How sad.

5/05/2005 10:04 a.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

Man, I thought I'd get flamed for this too. I'm glad people agree with me though :)

Not to mention, N. Korea is just screaming at the world that they have nukes, yet, is America doing anything about it? Well... all they have is some underdeveloped farmland.

Hi DCL, are you who I think you are?!?

5/05/2005 10:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vote for NDP ... time to dispell the evils of capitalism and help the poor.

5/05/2005 11:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home