Cab Fares and the Scariest Moment of My Life...
Wow, today was such an amazing day... My first day as a free man, and also, my first time going paintballing. Yeah Tobi :D It was totally fun eh? I can't believe you never got shot, we just slaughtered them. I've never had so much fun running around and crawling through manure. And pulling flanking manoeuvres that actually worked was really cool too. I mercy'd this one girl, Andrea, but instead she turned around and starting blasting away at me point blank. Thankfully, she fired nothing but blanks, and I was yelling out for her to stop. But then she turns around and starts firing at Sam, and pegs him right in the back! Obviously... somebody wasn't paying attention to the rules... Or maybe it was just the bloodlust.
Oh, what fun it was :D
I finally did my taxes today, and sent it in electronically. I hope everything's alright...
But, in the evening, I went out to hang out with some friends and watched two movies. The first was this HORRIBLE Jap/Korean flick, that just sucked big time. It was called "Lost Memories" or something like that, but... man, it SUCKED!!! TOO MANY SLOW-MO DRAMATIC PAUSES PEOPLE!!! Honestly, if it wasn't for all the dramatic poses, of watching people's expressions, in slowmation, we could've cut the length of that movie by a whole hour. Oh yeah, and when you pull out in the last minute, that the only way to save the cause was to go back in time... I have nothing more to say about that movie. Second one was Shawn of the Dead, which I slept through (But I do like that movie).
So OK, just a normal night, go home, and get to work in the morning right? Man, so I was driving on Southland Dr. taking the exit to Deerfoot, when this dumb-butt's reversing out of the exit ramp. So I'm thinking, what the crap is he doing? I realized it was a taxi cab, and I see two people on the side of the road, sticking their thumbs out. Well... It wasn't the first time I've picked up hitch-hikers... well, ok. It was my second time. But what the crap was I thinking? Anyway, a man and a woman, drunk as can be climb into my car.
It was pretty interesting to be honest, they were shocked to see an Asian kid do this deed of kindness, and the dude even said "Man, I thought you'd pull some kung-fu sh*t and tell us to f*ck off man! Your a cowboy man!" I am fond of singing Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi... Yeah, I agree to that last statement :D
Anyway, I was scared! I was like, Oh my gosh, I'm going to get jacked! But it's funny how my mind did not remain calm. We exchanged names, but I forget them, I even forget what they look like! The infallibility of the human memory when it is under stress must not be underestimated! But we talked, and they were like "Thank God that you picked us up, I mean, sh*t, do you believe in God? Thank Buddha? What are you?" So that was cool, I got to share the Gospel a bit with some drunk people, which was probably highly unproductive haha, but, maybe not. Anyway, as I pulled up to their house, or, a house, someone's house, they apologized for not having any cash to pay me (I figure that's why they got booted from the cab), and the girl kindly offered to take her shirt off......... which I politely passed down. Hahaha, I'm ashamed to say it, but it wasn't my moral obligations that I was thinking about first. Rather, I was thinking, "Lady, if you did that, your drunk boyfriend'll beat the sh*t out of me." I would've declined such an offer regardless anyway... Honest! What do you think I am?
So at this point, the man pulls out this thing, and I'm like crap, I'm going to die. But it turned out not to be a gun, but rather, some strange electronic device. Crap, I'm gonna get tazered, and then I'm going to die. But, it turned out to be a recording mechanism, which he used to record my voice and us saying our farewells. Crap, they're going to record a message from me, and then I'm going to die.
Well, they blessed me, and I blessed them back, and they apologized again for having nothing to repay me, but the girl also said that she "knew" I'll get my reward, to which I thought, "Please don't kill me."
Right, so they got out, walked to the door, and I drove off in a very calmly manner. What were their names again? And I realized, dang, my mind was totally off the hook. But I did learn one thing about myself: I do value my life. I boast to myself sometimes, thinking, yeah, I'm ready to die. Anytime you want to take my life God, I'm ready. I was born ready!
But no. I'm not ready yet. Who is this "perfect girl" that God is preparing for me? And who is He preparing me for? I very much want to meet her, and I very much would like to fall in love with her, raise a family, and pass on my experiences and knowledge to my kids; and to see them grow in God and His Wisdom. Not to follow blindly after a church or the world, but to think for themselves, to love God, and follow their own moral convictions.
But I'm in no rush for that either. I do enjoy the single life, and I don't mind it as much as I did a few years back. There are a lot of faults in me still, and God can take as much time as He wants in preparing me for this girl. But I step in faith that He'll unite me with her someday.
The last lesson I learned today was: If your going to a friend's house to bask in his hot tub, remember to bring some underwear.
Oh, what fun it was :D
I finally did my taxes today, and sent it in electronically. I hope everything's alright...
But, in the evening, I went out to hang out with some friends and watched two movies. The first was this HORRIBLE Jap/Korean flick, that just sucked big time. It was called "Lost Memories" or something like that, but... man, it SUCKED!!! TOO MANY SLOW-MO DRAMATIC PAUSES PEOPLE!!! Honestly, if it wasn't for all the dramatic poses, of watching people's expressions, in slowmation, we could've cut the length of that movie by a whole hour. Oh yeah, and when you pull out in the last minute, that the only way to save the cause was to go back in time... I have nothing more to say about that movie. Second one was Shawn of the Dead, which I slept through (But I do like that movie).
So OK, just a normal night, go home, and get to work in the morning right? Man, so I was driving on Southland Dr. taking the exit to Deerfoot, when this dumb-butt's reversing out of the exit ramp. So I'm thinking, what the crap is he doing? I realized it was a taxi cab, and I see two people on the side of the road, sticking their thumbs out. Well... It wasn't the first time I've picked up hitch-hikers... well, ok. It was my second time. But what the crap was I thinking? Anyway, a man and a woman, drunk as can be climb into my car.
It was pretty interesting to be honest, they were shocked to see an Asian kid do this deed of kindness, and the dude even said "Man, I thought you'd pull some kung-fu sh*t and tell us to f*ck off man! Your a cowboy man!" I am fond of singing Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi... Yeah, I agree to that last statement :D
Anyway, I was scared! I was like, Oh my gosh, I'm going to get jacked! But it's funny how my mind did not remain calm. We exchanged names, but I forget them, I even forget what they look like! The infallibility of the human memory when it is under stress must not be underestimated! But we talked, and they were like "Thank God that you picked us up, I mean, sh*t, do you believe in God? Thank Buddha? What are you?" So that was cool, I got to share the Gospel a bit with some drunk people, which was probably highly unproductive haha, but, maybe not. Anyway, as I pulled up to their house, or, a house, someone's house, they apologized for not having any cash to pay me (I figure that's why they got booted from the cab), and the girl kindly offered to take her shirt off......... which I politely passed down. Hahaha, I'm ashamed to say it, but it wasn't my moral obligations that I was thinking about first. Rather, I was thinking, "Lady, if you did that, your drunk boyfriend'll beat the sh*t out of me." I would've declined such an offer regardless anyway... Honest! What do you think I am?
So at this point, the man pulls out this thing, and I'm like crap, I'm going to die. But it turned out not to be a gun, but rather, some strange electronic device. Crap, I'm gonna get tazered, and then I'm going to die. But, it turned out to be a recording mechanism, which he used to record my voice and us saying our farewells. Crap, they're going to record a message from me, and then I'm going to die.
Well, they blessed me, and I blessed them back, and they apologized again for having nothing to repay me, but the girl also said that she "knew" I'll get my reward, to which I thought, "Please don't kill me."
Right, so they got out, walked to the door, and I drove off in a very calmly manner. What were their names again? And I realized, dang, my mind was totally off the hook. But I did learn one thing about myself: I do value my life. I boast to myself sometimes, thinking, yeah, I'm ready to die. Anytime you want to take my life God, I'm ready. I was born ready!
But no. I'm not ready yet. Who is this "perfect girl" that God is preparing for me? And who is He preparing me for? I very much want to meet her, and I very much would like to fall in love with her, raise a family, and pass on my experiences and knowledge to my kids; and to see them grow in God and His Wisdom. Not to follow blindly after a church or the world, but to think for themselves, to love God, and follow their own moral convictions.
But I'm in no rush for that either. I do enjoy the single life, and I don't mind it as much as I did a few years back. There are a lot of faults in me still, and God can take as much time as He wants in preparing me for this girl. But I step in faith that He'll unite me with her someday.
The last lesson I learned today was: If your going to a friend's house to bask in his hot tub, remember to bring some underwear.


4 Comments:
oh WOW what a story! and WOW Jonny you're awesome to pick up some "hitchhikers!" Even though they were crazy drunk, they WILL remember your deed for sure. That's a little different ... the guy with the 'recorder'. I really wonder who goes and carries those around with them these days? wow wow what an encouraging story. You do take risks, but they are ones that are beneficial in the end and it builds you up! I'm sure that definitely has made you stronger yes? amazing.
THAT WAS YOUR FIRST TIME PAINTBALLING?!? I totally forgot about that, and I thought you were a pro all along! Well I guess we had a sweet four person team. Sam took all our shots! muhaha, well I guess Harman took some too. Where were we? Well ... I was hiding ... haha
Yes, Go-Karting - next one!
man, you truly are "wild at heart" to pick up hitchhikers.....what can i say, it's awesome taking risks, that's why we're men! ahah
too long to read... I just skimmed... so did they kill you? are you dead now?
Interesting... you jumped from the thoughts off... oh crap, I'm going to die... to... oh crap, who am I destined to be with... :P
But that's cool... I don't think I'd ever be able to pick up any hitchhikers. I'd be too scared or just too lazy to go out of my way (which isn't such a good thing). :P
Post a Comment
<< Home