Spank me Blue
Alright, so I lied last night. I didn't go to sleep... Rather, I put on some Kenny Wayne Shepperd, picked up my Legacy, and played blues till 4:00am.
And man, when I got up this morning at 9, I meant to go to school and crack those books open but... you guessed it. I grabbed the Legacy and didn't let go till 2'ish. You have to understand, I discovered some nice tones on my amp! Switch the dial to Tweed 4x4, put the Legacy into bridge/middle position, and my gosh... the tone... The Tone! It's so crisp and spanking clean, I couldn't get enough of it.
But, as if it couldn't get any better, I slapped my overdrive pedal in the chain and Dang! Seriously guys... I can't remember what my Bluesbreaker combo sounded like, but for now, I'm satisfied.
The new Dot's a real looker, but sadly, she's not as good as the one I had before. I cleaned up the frets, so she plays a bit smoother, but even after setting up the intonation, she still goes out of tune when I bend my notes. Not Cool :( But... ahwell, might as well put to use those PRS machine heads I've got lying around, right Bung? She does sound pretty good though for the most part. Still... I can't see her getting more playing time than my Legacy...
That's it, I'm going home. School's not worth it anymore.
And man, when I got up this morning at 9, I meant to go to school and crack those books open but... you guessed it. I grabbed the Legacy and didn't let go till 2'ish. You have to understand, I discovered some nice tones on my amp! Switch the dial to Tweed 4x4, put the Legacy into bridge/middle position, and my gosh... the tone... The Tone! It's so crisp and spanking clean, I couldn't get enough of it.
But, as if it couldn't get any better, I slapped my overdrive pedal in the chain and Dang! Seriously guys... I can't remember what my Bluesbreaker combo sounded like, but for now, I'm satisfied.
The new Dot's a real looker, but sadly, she's not as good as the one I had before. I cleaned up the frets, so she plays a bit smoother, but even after setting up the intonation, she still goes out of tune when I bend my notes. Not Cool :( But... ahwell, might as well put to use those PRS machine heads I've got lying around, right Bung? She does sound pretty good though for the most part. Still... I can't see her getting more playing time than my Legacy...
That's it, I'm going home. School's not worth it anymore.


4 Comments:
i see your "search for tone" is going good... :P
Hahaha... man it sounds like you're going to need some super-prayers for this exam tommorrow... Man I can't believe you played SC today too.
I can't wait to hear that tone you found. Personally, I enjoyed that mesa boogie dual rect amp model you have. Makes me wanna buy one.
Popping new tuners into a guitar is like getting a new guitar all together. If those PRS knobs are anything like grovers, you'll be set and instantly fall in love with your familiar new friend.
Sweet :D I'll give that a shot then!
Post a Comment
<< Home