I’ve looked at clouds from both sides now...
From up and down, and still somehow,
It’s cloud illusions I recall,
I really don’t know clouds at all.
Ah, what a great song! What a great night! Sorry Jacklyn, forgot to post about me playing tonight, but... dang, it was a really an inspiring night! Good songs, LOTS of drunk people this night, more than usual.
Bung, you played awesome too man, and I'm not just trying to flatter you :D That was truly some good performing! You should've stuck around just a few more folks though, some were really good! But then the rest of the night was pretty... well, it was not worth staying for haha. And Sam, thank you man, you made it to my first and last one :)
Isn't it odd how life is when you meet someone new, they're a complete stranger; but give it a few months, and if you really become close with that person, you can't recall how you were not friends to begin with? (If that made any sense?) I guess that also applies to broken friendships too. How you could have been so close to someone, but once that relationship ends, they become absolute strangers? You knew and understood them so well, but as it turns out, you really don't know them at all?
But that’s where Joni Mitchell comes in!:
Tears and fears and feeling proud
To say I love you right out loud
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds
I’ve looked at life that way
But now old friends are acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I’ve changed
Well something’s lost, but something’s gained
In living ev’ry day
I’ve looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose and still somehow
It’s life’s illusions I recall
I really don’t know life at all
I’ve looked at life from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
It’s life’s illusions I recall
I really don’t know life at all
Heh, relax guys, I'm over it :P But I was reflecting more on the first part of my thoughts. I'm really going to miss those I’ve fellowshipped with this year.
It’s cloud illusions I recall,
I really don’t know clouds at all.
Ah, what a great song! What a great night! Sorry Jacklyn, forgot to post about me playing tonight, but... dang, it was a really an inspiring night! Good songs, LOTS of drunk people this night, more than usual.
Bung, you played awesome too man, and I'm not just trying to flatter you :D That was truly some good performing! You should've stuck around just a few more folks though, some were really good! But then the rest of the night was pretty... well, it was not worth staying for haha. And Sam, thank you man, you made it to my first and last one :)
Isn't it odd how life is when you meet someone new, they're a complete stranger; but give it a few months, and if you really become close with that person, you can't recall how you were not friends to begin with? (If that made any sense?) I guess that also applies to broken friendships too. How you could have been so close to someone, but once that relationship ends, they become absolute strangers? You knew and understood them so well, but as it turns out, you really don't know them at all?
But that’s where Joni Mitchell comes in!:
Tears and fears and feeling proud
To say I love you right out loud
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds
I’ve looked at life that way
But now old friends are acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I’ve changed
Well something’s lost, but something’s gained
In living ev’ry day
I’ve looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose and still somehow
It’s life’s illusions I recall
I really don’t know life at all
I’ve looked at life from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
It’s life’s illusions I recall
I really don’t know life at all
Heh, relax guys, I'm over it :P But I was reflecting more on the first part of my thoughts. I'm really going to miss those I’ve fellowshipped with this year.


6 Comments:
Bung played too... now I'm really disappointed that I couldn't make it = (
uhhh, who's relient k? Thanks for all your support Jonny. Without you there, I probably woulda chickened out. It was definately really fun. Also a humbling experience to hear some amazing talented people play. Dang Jonny, you've got a great lower register (on that song Black and Blue)! I wish I coulda stuck around for a bit more, but my sickness was really overtaking me and I needed to go home and rest. What a night! I got a free t-shirt as well!
HI jon wong!!!
I just wanted to tell you that i think you have EXCELLENT taste!.. that song is soooo great!
oh, and i forgot to say... your cat is so cute:)
that's not his cat, that's his new girlfriend :P
Thanks Sarah :D
Post a Comment
<< Home