Parting is such Sweet Sorrow...
Unless your parting from a gang of angry Mormons.
Yup, so, today went ok. I wasn't as bold as I was last week; I was kind of tired of talking with them, and, Steve made a good point afterwards, in that, they never really respected anything we had to say. Whenever we brought up scripture, they just shrugged it off, without much thought, and made us listen to... a lot of rambling about the great apostace (spelling) and Joseph Smith. Ah... I try to be open minded. But debating with closed minded people is exhausting, and only leads to pointless bickering.
But it's scary. It's VERY scary, how they've just built a huge temple on Rocky Ridge, which takes up an entire street block. And worse, in order to fill this church up, they've moved hundreds of families from Utah to occupy the new houses in the area.
CREEPY!!
Anyway, the trio gave us an ultimatem today, asking us, if we're interested in learning more, and joining their community. Give me a break! I thought. You guys laugh off our thoughts and beliefs with your crackpot answers, and your asking me to join you guys? We graciously declined, and the one elder who lost it last week seemed a little upset about that.
Ahwell, I pray that seeds were planted. It's amazing how much spiritual warfare is going on though, and how easily I lose my thoughts when talking with these guys. Next time, I'm going to grab a prayer team to back me up HAHAHA. Just kidding.
All in all, it was a good experience. I've learned a lot about Mormonism, but more importantly, my own faith grew stronger. And I'm so glad that God doesn't demand service of me in order for me to be accepted by Him. What a rotten life that would be!
Yup, so, today went ok. I wasn't as bold as I was last week; I was kind of tired of talking with them, and, Steve made a good point afterwards, in that, they never really respected anything we had to say. Whenever we brought up scripture, they just shrugged it off, without much thought, and made us listen to... a lot of rambling about the great apostace (spelling) and Joseph Smith. Ah... I try to be open minded. But debating with closed minded people is exhausting, and only leads to pointless bickering.
But it's scary. It's VERY scary, how they've just built a huge temple on Rocky Ridge, which takes up an entire street block. And worse, in order to fill this church up, they've moved hundreds of families from Utah to occupy the new houses in the area.
CREEPY!!
Anyway, the trio gave us an ultimatem today, asking us, if we're interested in learning more, and joining their community. Give me a break! I thought. You guys laugh off our thoughts and beliefs with your crackpot answers, and your asking me to join you guys? We graciously declined, and the one elder who lost it last week seemed a little upset about that.
Ahwell, I pray that seeds were planted. It's amazing how much spiritual warfare is going on though, and how easily I lose my thoughts when talking with these guys. Next time, I'm going to grab a prayer team to back me up HAHAHA. Just kidding.
All in all, it was a good experience. I've learned a lot about Mormonism, but more importantly, my own faith grew stronger. And I'm so glad that God doesn't demand service of me in order for me to be accepted by Him. What a rotten life that would be!


5 Comments:
Hey Jonny. Good job with being a witness. Most chinese christians would never be open to talking to mormons like that. God definately has a purpose in all of this. Maybe for you to learn, for the mormons to think, for you to think, maybe all of the above. The bottom line is that we do not convert or convince people to take God's gift of grace. Its the Holy Spirit who does it. We just plant seeds.
Its really too bad that these guys seemed to closed minded and doesn't respect what you have to say. From my experience, mormons who visited me were really kind and really listened. I even got to pray for them. So don't be discouraged. They were probably just a bad apple in the bunch.
time for me to move to rocky ridge....:P
I'm with bung man, it's really too bad that they weren't willing to listen to you guys. I'm really glad that you were able to plant seeds and I'll definitely pray that the Holy Spirit will continue to work in their hearts. It's cool that you were able to be bold and yet convey the message of God's grace in your talks with them. Thanks for being an encouragement always!
I agree with you guys.
I can't believe how close-minded those darned Mormons are! For that matter, every other religious denomination that doesn't agree with us. (I'm looking at you, Middle East.) They are TOTALLY wrong. Clearly, the Holy Spirit is the one and only truth.
Why can they not see this?
Whoa! I like your zeal anonymous! It is unfortunate that they cannot see what is so blatently obvious to us, but we must keep in mind that these guys, (well, some of them anyway) really do have a heart for God. They're just decieved :( So we still got to handle them in a loving manner, and hopefully, the Holy Spirit will move in them.
Post a Comment
<< Home