Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I ain't no hollaback girl?

Man, I flipped onto MTV this morning and they were playing Stefani... Well... That's a huge contrast to the song I just last posted! Don't get me wrong, I'm appreciative of being born into the period of this society; come to think of it, no I'm not. What's with the trend to dress shorter and tighter? Just going to the mall is like going to a club!

But yeah, seems the era of tasteful and reflective music was but a moment's sunlight fading in the grass. If you guys disagree, let me know; I like to be open to things, but man, I can't tolerate most of the crap coming out these days.

Screw it, put some flowers in my hair, I'm chasing the White Rabbit.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jonny, what do you think of the Killers? Disco rock ... yuck.

4/14/2005 12:12 a.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

Are they new? I can't say I'm keeping up with the times, cause I'm a bit stuck in the past. But... I like disco, I like rock. I'd have to see heh.

4/14/2005 9:49 a.m.  
Blogger Havok said...

The Killers aren't that bad! I think u're just not "hip and cool" like some ppl(like me), jon haha....
i think u're going to be one of those parents, when and if u're lucky enough to have children, u'll be unable to sympathsize with your kids...it's like the simpsons and how homer thinks he's so cool, but everyone is like "who is this guy?" at hallapalooza......oh well, if worse comes to worse, what could save u is taking the cannonball to the gut! that's always going to be cool, no matter what generation u're from!

4/14/2005 12:08 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Somebody told me you had a boyfriend who looked like a girlfriend that I had in february"

You're right, i can't relate that that stuff. I guess I will be an uncool dad :(

4/14/2005 12:19 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

No way man. I'm going to have special education with my kids, and they're going to learn the history and value of good music and good movies. None of that MTV conditioning to splurge on useless drunk. Rather, it'll all be: make love and now war man!

4/14/2005 12:58 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

doh! Drunk = Junk. Must be BSD gettin to me. I'm a cheap junk- I mean drunk.

4/14/2005 1:09 p.m.  
Blogger Havok said...

maybe u're drunk in The Spirit :P

some of today's culture movies and music can shock us....look at "mean girls" who would've thought that was hilariously funny? and it was good! maybe because it was written by tina faye!

4/14/2005 10:57 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

Expand eh? With what? Gwen Stefani? Fat chance :P Give me something good, and I'll like it. I am open to new music, just not crappy music.

4/16/2005 12:56 a.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

Ah! Punk eh? Yeah ok, I take back what I said.

REVISED: I can't stand the new mainstream music.

Yeah, I do like Postal Service a lot! and Modest Mouse- but MM has bad language :P I'll have to check out the rest of what you said though :)

4/16/2005 4:15 p.m.  
Blogger Havok said...

gwen stefani's hot...who cares what her music is like!! (btw, she's also a grammy award winner!!)

4/16/2005 11:48 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is Alicia, there are some cool bands you named there. Especially the Shins! You heard they're song off the Garden State soundtrack? 'New Slang' I think. Great simple lil song. Cool trem lead guitar too!

4/18/2005 10:53 a.m.  
Blogger Havok said...

Alicia is some half white/half chinese chick.....and she has a peeve for bad grammer so make sure you spell check everything you write or she blows up! :)

4/18/2005 9:35 p.m.  
Blogger Havok said...

nigga please!!! don't tell me what tense i'm speaking in! see what i mean? man, apparenently u don't have to be full asian to be overbearing...u just need to be half!!! :P

4/18/2005 9:45 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Chinese person who doesn't just listen to top40. Actually has a mind of her own. Impressive.

4/19/2005 1:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home