A few nights ago...
This was me:


These a pictures of an atomic (or nuclear? I can't remember) bomb exploding micro-seconds before it becomes what we normally know as the mushroom cloud.
I had dinner with Konroy a couple nights ago, and as I pulled out of the restaurant, I hit a red light. When it turned green and I hit the 10 over the speed limit and remained there. But the fellow behind me was tailgating the entire time, which pretty well did a good job of annoying me. He couldn't pass me either as there was traffic to my left.
Suddenly, this cat appears on the road and freezes in it's tracks right in front! Like a deer in headlights it wouldn't move an inch! So I slam on my brakes and the guy behind nearly rear ends my bumper.
Not knowing there's a cat infront of me, he probably think's I'm being as big a jerk as he was. And I am at a complete stop in the middle of the road for at least 7 seconds because that cat would not move! Finally the traffic clears on my left, the guy behind backs up, and proceeds to peel past me.
And the cat starts to move too, towards the empty lane of traffic. So, as the guy passes me glaring, I try to point out the cat that's directly in line with his vector.
But no, too late.
And that is why, I never let Barley out of the house.



These a pictures of an atomic (or nuclear? I can't remember) bomb exploding micro-seconds before it becomes what we normally know as the mushroom cloud.
I had dinner with Konroy a couple nights ago, and as I pulled out of the restaurant, I hit a red light. When it turned green and I hit the 10 over the speed limit and remained there. But the fellow behind me was tailgating the entire time, which pretty well did a good job of annoying me. He couldn't pass me either as there was traffic to my left.
Suddenly, this cat appears on the road and freezes in it's tracks right in front! Like a deer in headlights it wouldn't move an inch! So I slam on my brakes and the guy behind nearly rear ends my bumper.
Not knowing there's a cat infront of me, he probably think's I'm being as big a jerk as he was. And I am at a complete stop in the middle of the road for at least 7 seconds because that cat would not move! Finally the traffic clears on my left, the guy behind backs up, and proceeds to peel past me.
And the cat starts to move too, towards the empty lane of traffic. So, as the guy passes me glaring, I try to point out the cat that's directly in line with his vector.
But no, too late.
And that is why, I never let Barley out of the house.


8 Comments:
What about Oates? Grain?
Oates, Grain, Barley, I let them all out of the house! :P
I guess I wasn't very clear; I just watched a cat get splattered across the road.
ie. the cat exploded into a mess of blood and guts under the guy's tire.
ie. the cat is dead.
ie. the driver should be dragged out onto the street and shot on his knees.
the inhumanity! ... did that driver even know he ran it over? like was there a bump??
hi jonny,
This is totally unrelated to your entry as it's late and i haven't had the chance to read through your post.
I just wanted to say you and the others (mezzanine) did awesome tonight! I think electric guitars sound awesome! ^^ Hope to hear you guys play again!
poor kitty...:(...
Hey, thanks Anita :)
I'm sorry, I just laughed and laughed when I read your post. Not that dead cats are funny, but the "But no, too late" just killed me.
Hope your cat plays and stays safe.
sad, poor kitty :(
Post a Comment
<< Home