Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Time-lines

Ok, Ok, series of events the last 3 days:

Monday
Morning
-I reflect on why I am so depressed
-I reflect on why my friends at church are depressed
-I reflect on why the church has not been growing (both spiritually and in numbers)
-I conclude that we must be oppressed by some spiritual force. ie. Satan's little devils are doing commendable work.
Evening
-I regress to find fulfillment in the activities my sinful nature calls for
-I read Jackon's comment on prayer. "I actually ended up praying that God would not let me dream about "certain" things... it worked! :)"
-I recieve a small vision to organize the boys for some kind of weekly prayer party, to pray against this spirit of oppression.
-I tell God to piss off

Tuesday
Morning
-feel sick in the stomach
-head to Strathmore
Afternoon
-Partner Teacher sends me home in fear that I'll hurl, thus causing him to hurl
-Get home, fall asleep
-Wake up, to vomit, a lot.
-Repent (Some of my best times of repentence are over the toilet).
-Resolve to follow through with vision

Wednesday
Morning
-Felt a lot better
-Read Josh's blog, pertaining to the recent miracles he's been delivered through, through prayer
-Met up with my old friend and mentor, Shawn, who unknowing of my situation, began sharing his experiences with corporate prayer, and the power it entails
-Told Shawn of my recent state of events
-Shawn flips out, says: "Jonny, if God gave you a vision, that means HE has a vision for your church. Something will happen to your church..." he said some extremely profound things, along with some sound effects, but I can't remember them verbatim

But if this is from God, then Dang! This is exciting. And He's been giving so many "subtle" hints... Lets see this in motion!

12 Comments:

Blogger clarissaching said...

THat's great, Jon! =) Yay! =) I know it's been tough for me to fellowship with God lately. Passion is contagious. =) Keep passin' it on. =)

2/01/2006 11:52 p.m.  
Blogger simply said...

Maybe I'll start some prayer chain thing here for you JONNY and ccefc..

2/02/2006 12:32 a.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

I could always use prayer...

Here are some things you can pray for me about:

wealth,
prosperity,
good health,
popularity,
easy life,

Hmm, I guess that's good for now :)

2/02/2006 8:56 p.m.  
Blogger Havok said...

"I could always use prayer...

Here are some things you can pray for me about:

wealth,
prosperity,
good health,
popularity,
easy life,

Hmm, I guess that's good for now :) "

lol sometimes Jonny, you're really funny....

2/02/2006 10:23 p.m.  
Blogger Geo said...

Yeah man, you better see this into motion, either that or crouch over a toilet seat all over again. :P

2/02/2006 11:00 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

only sometimes eh? I must be losing my touch.

2/02/2006 11:06 p.m.  
Blogger Josh said...

follow through brotha!!!

prayer is so... AMAZING!!!

i have a vision too... but sadly i have done nothing about it...

u encourage me

2/03/2006 3:51 p.m.  
Blogger Geo said...

Hey Jonny, do I get a free set up for my bass from Long and Mcquade still?

2/04/2006 12:40 p.m.  
Blogger Geo said...

So does that mean... within a year of purchase date? on the exact date a year from purchase date? or anytime after a year after purchase date? haha, just checking. :P

2/04/2006 11:28 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

Assuming you bought the guitar in Jan. X, 2006, then, you can bring the guitar in anytime before Jan. X, 2007, X being the date of which you purchased the guitar :)

2/05/2006 11:47 p.m.  
Blogger Geo said...

Thanks a bunch man

2/06/2006 2:15 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, talking to shawn is always an uplifting experience. i can so picture him talking animatedly.

2/22/2006 5:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home