Lets get Physical!
One of my classmates has been bugging me to play squash with him for a while, so this morning, I finally committed to going. It was fun! He's a married 32 year old with two kids, and man, does he know how to goof around. I think he misses being a kid, and being with us young ones has really given him some spirit. But my entire field class is pretty slack... I won't go into detail what we do behind our instructor's back, as it gets pretty raunchy. But the great thing is our prof totally knows what's going on, but she'll let us play because it helps us pay attention. She's awesome.
So anyway, squash was fun. We played cut-throat with 3 people in a court. Good chaotic fun! My skill has not improved at all, but... with more play time... just maybe I'll be able to topple Kingston.
Anyway, that exercise early in the morning gave me a lot of energy for work! I was pumped and excited, and freaking some collegues out. But such bliss is contagious, and the work day went by fast. Except, I missed two breaks, so near the end of it, with no food, my body was about to crash.
I bumped into one of my friend's dad a couple weeks back, who's a folk player and runs an open mic at a coffee shop once a month. So I headed over to check it out after work. Yow! So that's where all the folk musicians have been hiding eh? It was awesome! Oh, the lyrics actually mean something, and they're themes are generally not about angry teenage relational problems. It was quite refreshing, but there were some who horrible nevertheless. But open mics are open for all, so it's all good.
Near the middle, there was a girl with blonde hair and a great voice! But more importantly, she was an extremely talented finger picker, and more importantly than that, she was playing a Taylor, I think 814. It was either the 8 or 700 series, but dang, I've never actually seen on in action. Only sitting and looking pretty in the store, so it was nice to see someone making good use of it. I couldn't make out the woods on the back and sides, but if it was Cocabolo, it definatly was an 800. The abone inlays on the fretboard and rosette were phenominal, but I tried my best not to examine the guitar too much, as they reside in the close vicinity of other such body parts; and I didn't want to look like a pervert.
But who am I kidding, I am such a guitar perv.
So anyway, squash was fun. We played cut-throat with 3 people in a court. Good chaotic fun! My skill has not improved at all, but... with more play time... just maybe I'll be able to topple Kingston.
Anyway, that exercise early in the morning gave me a lot of energy for work! I was pumped and excited, and freaking some collegues out. But such bliss is contagious, and the work day went by fast. Except, I missed two breaks, so near the end of it, with no food, my body was about to crash.
I bumped into one of my friend's dad a couple weeks back, who's a folk player and runs an open mic at a coffee shop once a month. So I headed over to check it out after work. Yow! So that's where all the folk musicians have been hiding eh? It was awesome! Oh, the lyrics actually mean something, and they're themes are generally not about angry teenage relational problems. It was quite refreshing, but there were some who horrible nevertheless. But open mics are open for all, so it's all good.
Near the middle, there was a girl with blonde hair and a great voice! But more importantly, she was an extremely talented finger picker, and more importantly than that, she was playing a Taylor, I think 814. It was either the 8 or 700 series, but dang, I've never actually seen on in action. Only sitting and looking pretty in the store, so it was nice to see someone making good use of it. I couldn't make out the woods on the back and sides, but if it was Cocabolo, it definatly was an 800. The abone inlays on the fretboard and rosette were phenominal, but I tried my best not to examine the guitar too much, as they reside in the close vicinity of other such body parts; and I didn't want to look like a pervert.
But who am I kidding, I am such a guitar perv.


3 Comments:
Dude, you're not even in my league!!!!
I'm just reeking of awesomeness!
Sounds fun. =) I can't play a racket sport if my life depended on it!
And finding good music is the best! =) Yay for that!
Post a Comment
<< Home