Thursday, February 23, 2006

Elementry Teachers are really Bad...

...at Math.

haha! I'm only joking. My Curriculum and Field advisors have been encouraging me to check out the math workshops for elementry grades more than the ones for secondary, simply because the methods and concepts of teaching younger kids are also very effective for teens.

Well, this Teacher's Convention was OK. I was really hoping for more Math related resources to free-load off of; but out of the, say 40 booths that were up, there were ONLY TWO that were remotely related to secondary math!!

The Workshops were cool though. And Roberta Bondar (the first Canadian Astronaut to hit space) was one of the motivational speakers. Who would've thought that I would've fallen asleep through a talk by an Astronaut!!

I have come to the conclusion that my camera is really good at taking blurry pictures. But that's ok! The gig last night went very well! A really low turnout, but I think it's the best we've played. Which is encouraging, because it only shows... we're gettin better! We're also desperately working on our showmanship. Our musical abilities are up to par. Now it's time to work on not being stiff-necked Asians. I think we're improving on that part :) The first two gigs, my left foot was terribly soar afterwards, because I would leave my entire weight on it for the duration of the show. However, this time around, no pain! So, either I'm loosening up, or my left foot's gotten stronger.

Most importantly though, thanks to all those who showed up! To name a few, Josh, Julez, Ivan, Leo and Konroy. (Actually, I think that's all of them haha). Some of you were late, and some missed it altogether. But I truly appreciate you guys braving the weather to make it out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Havok said...

congrats on the incresing fanbase! :)

I might just have to hope onto this bandwagon eventually! :P

2/23/2006 5:13 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

yeah, one can only "hope."

2/23/2006 5:29 p.m.  
Blogger Leo said...

I was the one that missed it entirely!! :) hahahaha

but I was there at the end.

2/24/2006 7:22 a.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

Sweet mother of all Mercy! That's freakin awesome!

Dude, seriously! Low turn-out, but that just made the entire thing worth it!

2/24/2006 11:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home