Friday, June 10, 2005

Upcoming Gig!

Oh, I forgot to mention in my previous post, Bung and I have a gig this Thursday! June 16, 9:00pm at "The Soda." It's on 1st and 12 Ave SW.

Try and make it out, and bring your friends! :)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet! I'll be there!

6/10/2005 11:39 a.m.  
Blogger Havok said...

what's with the new layout? i liked the old one...

6/11/2005 1:23 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

What did you like about it?

6/14/2005 9:22 a.m.  
Blogger Havok said...

green seems to really match your personality...isn't that your favorite colour? haha....i don't know, but is it?!?

6/14/2005 11:06 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweetness. i was just at the soda last saturday to catch dan heffner play (first time for both at the soda and hearing him play). he's crazy amazing! his trio all play on classical guitars and he's quite the showman. their style is kinda spanish guitar (his bio page calls it "a fusion of the flamenco, klezmer classical, and gypsy styles") and i can't help but plagerize my cousin and say that i've never heard anyone make a guitar sing like that before. plus one of his sidekicks sang in choir with me - we were stuck sitting with the sopranos (oh the cooties!). http://www.danielheffner.com/

6/16/2005 1:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse me... sopranos are the coolest.

6/16/2005 11:03 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

Hey Sim! Yeah, I know Heffner; man, he IS an amazing guitarist eh? But... Sometimes, he's too loud haha. I'd like to hear Mike and that other guy come out too. (BTW, Mike is one of the three folks who really helped me grow in my guitar playing :D)

6/16/2005 11:39 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

Yeah... Green is my fav color :) or Blue.

6/16/2005 11:55 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to hear that your gig went really good! Haha yeah, the guy I was in choir with was Sheldon, the other guy. Apparently Heff played tonight (well, since it's one a.m. in the morning, you could say 'last night') but I couldn't make it cuz I was working. He's sometimes too loud? Haha. Their volume was good last week. The girl who opened was a bit loud (I felt like I was on One Tree Hill - with her playing and all, felt like one of those open mic thingys at one of those mom-aged people's coffee shop.) Haha, we watched the McManus DVD last night for fellowship. Still have to get you that email with those links so you can have them and also pass them on to that person in the car that time you guys went to the bbq on bermuda shorts day (doh, can't remmeber her name).

6/19/2005 1:06 a.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

Ah, unfortunately, the girl in the car is now in Asia, and she'll be backpacking through Europe in September :( You can still pass me that link though :) I'm interested!

6/19/2005 1:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home