Little Wing
It's funny how sometimes, you could be so depressed and yet, its a bright sunny day with a small puffs of cheerful summer clouds. Other days, you could be as happy as can be, but gusting rain outdoors that just wip up your face.
Lucky me, today, I get weather that matches my emotions :) Yeah, I've been, extremely sad as of late, for reasons I'm not comfortable with sharing haha. Nevertheless, it was a great day, and a lot was accomplished.
Something in the morning brought me up however, which added some joy to my sorrow. As I was in the middle of my last lesson, the fellow in the room beside mine was teaching Little Wing! At the first note, I instantly knew what it was, and I told my student to stop what he was doing, and we listened to the instructor next door wail on his strings. That song... If you could list any song in the world, it's Little Wing, that calls me to serenity. Shamefully enough, I told my student to work on his scales, and I stepped out, and leaned against the door of the fellow playing, and let it's toneful melody comfort my soul.
An incredibly sad tune in my opinion, but a hopeful one (as Roger would put it). I remember driving home one night with that song in track after an incident with my ex-girlfriend, and Stevie Ray Vaughn's bending simply, but gracefully resonated with my pain. I had to pull over cause the tears were becoming quite the driving hazard. I hope anyone reading this can appreciate the power SRV has, because you must understand, there are no lyrics to this song (at least in SRV's version). Purely guitar beating at the same pulse of your broken heart.
Lucky me, today, I get weather that matches my emotions :) Yeah, I've been, extremely sad as of late, for reasons I'm not comfortable with sharing haha. Nevertheless, it was a great day, and a lot was accomplished.
Something in the morning brought me up however, which added some joy to my sorrow. As I was in the middle of my last lesson, the fellow in the room beside mine was teaching Little Wing! At the first note, I instantly knew what it was, and I told my student to stop what he was doing, and we listened to the instructor next door wail on his strings. That song... If you could list any song in the world, it's Little Wing, that calls me to serenity. Shamefully enough, I told my student to work on his scales, and I stepped out, and leaned against the door of the fellow playing, and let it's toneful melody comfort my soul.
An incredibly sad tune in my opinion, but a hopeful one (as Roger would put it). I remember driving home one night with that song in track after an incident with my ex-girlfriend, and Stevie Ray Vaughn's bending simply, but gracefully resonated with my pain. I had to pull over cause the tears were becoming quite the driving hazard. I hope anyone reading this can appreciate the power SRV has, because you must understand, there are no lyrics to this song (at least in SRV's version). Purely guitar beating at the same pulse of your broken heart.


1 Comments:
Dude, hang in there....:)
I'd be praying for you dawg...
Post a Comment
<< Home