What I'm Looking For...
Wee, my sis finally got a hold of me, and we talked for quite a bit. It was good to catch up with her. And she shared something really profound to me, regarding U2's song, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For. Here's the lyrics:
I have climbed highest mountain
I have run through the fields
Only to be with you
Only to be with you
I have run
I have crawled
I have scaled these city walls
These city walls
Only to be with you
But I still haven't found what I'm looking for
But I still haven't found what I'm looking for
I have kissed honey lips
Felt the healing in her fingertips
It burned like fire
This burning desire
I have spoke with the tongue of angels
I have held the hand of a devil
It was warm in the night
I was cold as a stone
But I still haven't found what I'm looking for
But I still haven't found what I'm looking for
I believe in the kingdom come
Then all the colors will bleed into one
Bleed into one
Well yes I'm still running
You broke the bonds and you
Loosed the chains
Carried the cross
Of my shame
Of my shame
You know I believed it
But I still haven't found what I'm looking for...
I always interpreted this song as Bono's dissatisfaction with God. That, despite having salvation, he's still not content, and is still seeking and searching. However, sis brought a new light to this song that I've never considered before. From the 5th verse where he says: "Then all the colors will bleed into one," this may imply that Bono knows what he's looking for: Heaven on Earth. But having come from an Irish background, where Protestants and Catholics hate and kill each other, I can appreciate that interpretation.
It's been a joyous and sad weekend. I can honestly say, witnessing John and Carina marry has been one of the greatest moments of my life. Gah... I know I get impatient with them a lot, and I sure did complained about the sacrifices, if I can call them such now, I've had to make financially for this wedding, but it was worth it. It was worth every moment of it, because they are great friends, and they are worth it.
On the other hand, another friend of mine lost his father the very next day.
I have climbed highest mountain
I have run through the fields
Only to be with you
Only to be with you
I have run
I have crawled
I have scaled these city walls
These city walls
Only to be with you
But I still haven't found what I'm looking for
But I still haven't found what I'm looking for
I have kissed honey lips
Felt the healing in her fingertips
It burned like fire
This burning desire
I have spoke with the tongue of angels
I have held the hand of a devil
It was warm in the night
I was cold as a stone
But I still haven't found what I'm looking for
But I still haven't found what I'm looking for
I believe in the kingdom come
Then all the colors will bleed into one
Bleed into one
Well yes I'm still running
You broke the bonds and you
Loosed the chains
Carried the cross
Of my shame
Of my shame
You know I believed it
But I still haven't found what I'm looking for...
I always interpreted this song as Bono's dissatisfaction with God. That, despite having salvation, he's still not content, and is still seeking and searching. However, sis brought a new light to this song that I've never considered before. From the 5th verse where he says: "Then all the colors will bleed into one," this may imply that Bono knows what he's looking for: Heaven on Earth. But having come from an Irish background, where Protestants and Catholics hate and kill each other, I can appreciate that interpretation.
It's been a joyous and sad weekend. I can honestly say, witnessing John and Carina marry has been one of the greatest moments of my life. Gah... I know I get impatient with them a lot, and I sure did complained about the sacrifices, if I can call them such now, I've had to make financially for this wedding, but it was worth it. It was worth every moment of it, because they are great friends, and they are worth it.
On the other hand, another friend of mine lost his father the very next day.


1 Comments:
hmmm interesting about U2 ... their lyrics are REALLY good!
Glad to hear being Best Man was an awesomeawesome time .. because it should be, and having that privilege to be such an important part! I'm sure your friend really appreciated all that you did for him. :)
About the friend's dad ... sorry to hear, and I think it's the same family friend of ours too. We just heard about it as well. *sigh*
Post a Comment
<< Home