Monday, June 27, 2005

Reflections. . .

I'm at a loss for titles right now. Sorry Alicia, yeah I am very excited to have been accepted into Education. Except I just recieved the package today that must be handed in by the end of the month heh. But, hey, am I complaining? What an ungrateful jerk. Thanks to everyone who's been praying for my acceptance; lately, I've been realizing just how powerful prayer really is...

The funeral was really nice. As was to be expected from Albrecht; he never dissapoints. It's odd, maybe this was just unique, or perhaps it's a White thing, but it was relatively short too, in comparison to the other funerals I have attended, not that I'm criticizing. It was actually very well timed. On the other hand, I've only been to Chinese Christian funerals, where there are translations and singing of songs and hymns. I have to make note not to let my own funeral go too long. Sometimes, it gets annoying. There was a song for us to reflect our memories of Albrecht onto, a very well done celebrant that took the majority of the time, and two very touching tributes from his children.

It's funny, I've always known that he's only had one wife (which I think is extremely admirable, especially for a non-Christian), but I hardly thought of him as a devoted family man. Mainly because, he seemed so devoted to his classes I guess.

*sigh* I had many tears, but just as many laughs, as they shared stories of pranks that he's pulled, his works, and his personality... I had to laugh.

I am deeply saddened by the whole thing though. For one, it was so sudden... But I guess the day will come like a theif in the night. But moreover, I'm just, lost in my thoughts. He was a very good man, who had so much love for his family, and cared so much for his students, trying to teach everyone of them at an individual level, for that is the only level where one can build true understanding, and self-esteem. He valued human life so much, but I'm not speaking of his own, rather, his students... And yet, all this is not enough for him to enter Heaven. I know that it's written in Romans: For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God... and that only by grace we are saved... and yet, just right now, it doesn't seem right. For such a good man to spend an eternity in hell.

I met up with a lot of old high school friends, and we even had a little reunion of Albrecht's Debate Club. I realize, it's not just the papers, but also my public speaking that he's helped me on. We shared a few beers afterwards and reminisced on the old QE days.

A lot of my other teachers attended aswell. It was especially nice to talk to them again, and Mr. Martin, my gr 10 Math teacher, was delighted to hear that I was aspiring to be one myself. It was great to see him again... He was always a kind old man, but I honestly thought he had passed away by now too. I'm glad I got the chance to talk to him. Hopefully, not for the last time.

Anyway I'll leave you guys with this quote, that I'm taking from their bulletin :P

Now cracks a noble heart.
Good-night sweet prince
And a flight of angels sing thee
to thy rest!


-William Shakespeare

3 Comments:

Blogger Havok said...

Mr. Martin rules...which other QE teachers did you see?

6/28/2005 1:26 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

Mr. Kerr, Thorlacius, the guidance councellor with the long hair, the tall vice principle, Ms. Chernichan, and Mrs. Fields. There was also that albino special-Ed, or ESL teacher, I'm not sure what she was.

6/28/2005 2:35 p.m.  
Blogger Havok said...

sweet....baldwin is cool...i didn't like fields that much...or chernichan

6/28/2005 11:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home