What the...
I very rarely receive news that can totally ruin my day. Mom passing away was somewhat repressed. The break up with my one and only relationship made me more confused than anything. But I can't recall a time where news would hit me in the face like a sack of cat litter and leave me utterly pacified.
Like today.
I was called in to be informed of some concerns students have brought up. One being that I'm watching the boys change while they get in and out of their P.E. gear.
When you put it like that, Yeah! That's just totally wrong!
But earlier this year, there had been instances of racial name calling and bullying while they were changing. So I thought it'd be a good proactive idea to keep myself present. Joking and laughing at how great that shot was, and just being one of the guys.
Seriously though, what in the blue sky was I thinking. I'm not one of the guys. I'm a teacher. Man, I've had some lapses in judgment, but this one takes the cake.
So, ladies and gentlemen, behold. I give you, Mr. Wong: Gay Pedophile.
sigh. I don't think any teacher's aspiration was/is to be a mediocre one, and I want nothing more than to be a great teacher. And I know I should take this as a good learning moment in how to avoid jail time from being misunderstood... but I just want to pack it in, crawl into a hole and die.
I'll give it four more years. But maybe I should consider one of those safer jobs like accounting, or engineering, that dad so highly esteemed.
Like today.
I was called in to be informed of some concerns students have brought up. One being that I'm watching the boys change while they get in and out of their P.E. gear.
When you put it like that, Yeah! That's just totally wrong!
But earlier this year, there had been instances of racial name calling and bullying while they were changing. So I thought it'd be a good proactive idea to keep myself present. Joking and laughing at how great that shot was, and just being one of the guys.
Seriously though, what in the blue sky was I thinking. I'm not one of the guys. I'm a teacher. Man, I've had some lapses in judgment, but this one takes the cake.
So, ladies and gentlemen, behold. I give you, Mr. Wong: Gay Pedophile.
sigh. I don't think any teacher's aspiration was/is to be a mediocre one, and I want nothing more than to be a great teacher. And I know I should take this as a good learning moment in how to avoid jail time from being misunderstood... but I just want to pack it in, crawl into a hole and die.
I'll give it four more years. But maybe I should consider one of those safer jobs like accounting, or engineering, that dad so highly esteemed.


2 Comments:
Jonny, I'm very sorry to hear that. Few things can cause more anguish than being accused of something you didn’t do (let alone something so vile), especially when you intended it for good. Sadly, what you experienced seems to be the fear of many male teachers I know today. I can only imagine how much strength and will power will be required of you to drag yourself to work on a daily basis.
Dear brother, take heart and hold onto the Lord’s promise: “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
You will be in my prayers daily.
hmmm we can both reevaluate it all in a few years...it's either less than 5 years or we're lifers as teachers according to stats.
sorry to hear that dude...even my ex partner teacher's husband at hawkwood who teaches grade 4 never closes the door when he's in the classroom...always have to be on guard...
Post a Comment
<< Home