Saturday, March 01, 2008

Dew

Modeling after Gideon, I've been asking God for signs to help guide me, and He's been answering.

Or at least... I think He's been answering them.

But they don't exactly help me, because once I receive a sign, I instantly begin to doubt whether or not it actually came from God.

Was it just coincidence? Am I trying to "help" God out by manipulating the outcome? Even when I do get the sign, what then?

What happens when one sign contradicts a previous one?

Most recently, it seemed like a very specific request had been answered, yet, when all things played out, it turn out that the sign did not actually fulfill what I had asked to see. So really, the answer is no.

And that breaks my heart, but I think I'm mature enough in my faith, not allow Satan take foothold in my disappointment. (Since when was there two 'p's in disappoint? I thought it was two 's's).

Or maybe I should just forget this whole sign business?! It's starting to seem a little dangerous. Or maybe I should ask for another one? Gid after all, asked for three...

Why do matters of the heart have to be so taxing?

4 Comments:

Blogger Havok said...

Don't ask for signs. You just overalayse them. :P Go with you gut. Let God's peace reign in each decision you make.

Maybe you shouldn't listen to my advice though. After all, you could be Job and not Gideon. And if I'm Job's friend, maybe my advice isn't so sound! :P

3/03/2008 6:02 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

LOL

3/03/2008 8:09 p.m.  
Blogger *andi* said...

I agree with Havok.
To add: The way God answers (in my experience) usually looks nothing like what I had hoped in my mind. Sometimes, He purposely doesn't answer me specifically so that I have to exercise my faith. We tend to want a roadmap. If we're not compromising our character when taking these steps of faith, and if we trust in the character of God, that whatever He decides is for our ultimate good...then we don't need signs --> Live by faith and not by sight.

yeah, easier said than done.
God bless with whatever leading you're looking for!

3/08/2008 11:01 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they weren't taxing you wouldn't name them matters of the heart.

4/06/2008 7:10 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home