High School Romances
So, there's a girl that I often talk to after lectures. Last semester, our Pro Sem proff put us together in the same group for discussions, because our subject areas are very similar. And that's how we met.And with great determination, I decided that that will be as far as it will go. She is quite pretty (I'm shallow), but I figured I was far too busy with my own timetable to pursue a relationship. With my ever struggling relationship with God, church, school, 2 jobs (at the time), tutoring, and most importantly, the band, there was just no time for it.
We're not in any classes together this semester, but I see her sometimes at the door, and we'll get to talking, on friendly topics, like lectures, our schools, students, and stay at home parents. Some of my friends from Field, who are also in her Curriculum class, have recently noticed this, and have been egging me on to ask her out. Common' Jonny! He who hesitates... they say. I won't finish the sentence haha. If you know it, feel free to complete it in the comments.
But yeah, no. I don't know. I have my fears. Not of rejection, and not of being hurt, but of hurting others. And of dissapointing others. These girls at work tell me: Jonny, you're an all around nice guy! And I think to myself, dang, I have this effect on women a lot. Too bad though, because it's the truth. I am a nice guy, but that's really all I am. Just a nice guy. And they seem to be pretty dissapointed when there's nothing more than that HAHAHA!
Also, there's no time. Plain and simple.
But there are a lot of qualities among her that I find attractive.
- She's pretty (which I've mentioned)
- She's very confident in herself; She doesn't seem to be the type who depends on others to boost her self-esteem.
- She's totally smart; I mean... Dang! We were talking about some of the math courses we've taken, and I'm very impressed with her understanding of the sciences. But she admits she has difficulty writing papers (being a Science major and all... I love General Studies).
- She's experienced poverty.
- She IS Christian! (But I don't know how much she loves God). Even still, she's from out of town and has not only made efforts to find a church here, but to become involved with leading Bible Studies. (That still doesn't tell me the extent of her love for God though... but... still!)


18 Comments:
Have you tried Ranchman's? They have constant cougar specials.
you *could* pull each other towards God.
"Hey you never know".. you could hit the jackpot.. haha.. =) then again the sum of all your fears would multiply exponentially and form a logarithmic nuclear relationship bomb and u could nuke everyone to smitherines..... =P
(i had to hack thru some error to get to your website cuz it kept crashing my web browser.. it kept freezing halfway thru loading...)
You could support each other's faith.
-That was the plan in my last relationship; but in all honesty, rather than supporting both her and myself in our faith, I was weak and initiated the downfall of that relationship. However, now that I've grown up a bit, matured a bit, and am able to fully appreciate the consequences of my actions... Perhaps I'm ready to try again?
Chak, I love you man. Four mathematical terms, plus two nuclear bomb references in one sentence?! Brilliant!
All in all, I've got to pray about this.
Oh man, Karen, you're hilarious. =)
Jon, she does sound awesome! I hope things happen for you. =) A good match is hard to find, but definately worth the wait! =)And hey, if she's sending good vibes, go for it. She's not going to wait forever, you know. =)Yay, I'm giddy for you, Jon... but I'm also just very dorky that way! lol
Jono,
Man, I'm happy you found someone you're interested in. You're on her radar screen.
No one is ever "ready" enough for a relationship. Sometimes we just have to dive in. I encourage you to pray and if you have peace about it (Phil 4:7) GO for it!!!
But remember, don't use prayer as an excuse! If you are seriously interested...Take the initiative.
man... relationship and girl blogs always get so much attention!!!
i've gotta write about girls more often!!! haHAHAHA
dude, ur more than just a nice guy. ur like... the ULTIME nice guy that plays GUITAR!!! (plus many things i didn't mention)
i meant ULTIMATE
dude, you're not getting any younger! seriously!!! :)
hahahaha... your so going to pay for posting online. I just had to get my $410/month credit in...
Well, aiya man, how should I speel some poetic words?....
"One who has impulse on their tongue,
Has action in their feet.
But when the world is quiet enough to be heard,
Who would who hear the wisdom of life,
When their minds are a afloat a dream."
Dude GO for it!! Drop your burden and look forward to the possibilities of the future. A new life and a new start are yours to make (is it not the words you tell me). Its time to forgive your past and embrace yourself and grow. Hahahaha... you are so going to regret the blog record though, glad I have a no girl ranting policy.
R
dude, i have nothing to say except that reading this post and comments totally made my day. it's totally put a smile on my face and i've probably been deemed insane by the others in the compsci lab due to my laughter. i don't gots the funnies like karebear or have any relationship advice so i'll leave it at that.
go shake your nonexistent booty in front of her. :)
in seriousness, i say gather your intel first. Keep talking with her after lectures and get to know her quirks, before you make any hard decisions...
U Don't wanna jump into a potentially hostile situation.
and listen to everyone's advice above too =)
For the record, my butt is very existent.
your chinese...ain't no chinese boy with an ass. :P
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jonny jonny...
First of all, you don't have to worry about gettin' older...cuz really, guys get more attractive as they age. Age adds character. Keep in mind there's something unattractive about an older guy who's dated a lot compared to an older guy who's waited on God's timing and didn't date a lot.
Secondly, don't just ask someone out because everyone around you thinks you should. You gotta really like her LIKE her...not just think she's cool and pretty. There'll always be cool and pretty girls who are not right for you...or you for her.
Third, spiritual compatability is SOOOO important. Don't compromise.
Forth, Ange is right, going for coffee is totally cool. It's nothing "official" and you can assess further. Just careful to not over do it so the girl doesn't think there's something totally going on when you don't intend there to be.
Man I feel old when I give advice!
He who hesitates, has a lot of free time to do what he wants instead of wasting time on stinking girls. hah.
He who hesitates is... um... wait a second... I was going to say it, but now I forgot.
Post a Comment
<< Home