Sunday, April 02, 2006

Karma

...is justice without the satisfaction.

So, God's goodness to me is not correlated with my faithfulness to Him. Just to re-cap on His major blessings this last year:
  1. August 2005: Recieved an A- and B- on the last two math courses I needed to finish off my undergrad. The highest marks I've ever gotten in any math class!
  2. Late August 2005: Accepted into Education!
  3. September 2005: Hired part time at Long and McQuade
  4. 2005/06 terms: Great profs, and good partner teachers. Awesome school for practicum
  5. April 2006: Got a raise at L&M!


So my dad was pretty peeved w/ me for the sad state the garage is in. I throw a lot of junk in there, honestly, because I'm lazy, and there, it's out of the way. Well anyway, I got pretty annoyed with him for being on my case, but I know he's right. Though I get to live here for cheap, I still resent it a bit, because the house is so big and inconveniently located. But that's not the point I'm getting at.

The point is, while we were bickering, it occured to me, if I want dad to treat me like an adult, then I should probably grow up. (Even though... I think he's still pretty neurotic, I suppose I could 'mature' a little more too).

And then it hit me big time, if I want God to treat me like a spiritually mature servant, than I should probably grow up, spiritually speaking.

6 Comments:

Blogger simply said...

good stuff =)

4/03/2006 2:44 p.m.  
Blogger Neothan said...

=>if I want God to treat me like a spiritually mature servant, than I should probably grow up, spiritually speaking.

Fair enough, but seriously, good luck with that one. I think you can pursue spiritual growth, but we recieve "all good gifts" from god. I tend to think of my life as one long spiritual growth journey. Not something I directly pursue, but something that I will recieve when I seek god, and his kingdom. God lets me experience something new, and then I get to apply that to my life and those around me.

But seriously, grow up, eh?

4/03/2006 5:15 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

haha, woops, I didn't make the parrallel. What I mean is, if I want my dad to stop patronizing me, then I should take care of the house.

If I want God to give me more responsibilities, then I should take care of His house too (ie. my body).

4/03/2006 6:46 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

but I agree w/ everything you say :)

4/03/2006 6:47 p.m.  
Blogger Neothan said...

haha, aha! okay now you made sense. yeah, about that Pi thing, i got nothin. i was trying to figure out a way to combat your arguement, so i did a little internet research, and everyone else agrees with you.

You got my vote.
Jonny for President!

4/03/2006 9:43 p.m.  
Blogger Havok said...

u going to inquiry celebration?

4/04/2006 5:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home