Monday, January 15, 2007

Fickle Fackle

Nope, the answer is NO!

My friend lent me his guitar, the Tele, and I used it during Worship service this week, and man, I was just struggling with it the whole time. The sound was good, but, I couldn't embrace it. I could get comfortable with it. And ultimately, I couldn't play it. And the whole time, I was thinking, man, I never in any manner had to fight with my Gretsch or Legacy like I did with this.

I appreciate God giving me the chance to test drive it though, so that I'll never question my decision with the "What if's."

And now that that's settled... my financial situation is no longer a burden. At the same time, I am applying pressure on myself to take advantage of the L&M discount before I leave the store, which potentially, is very soon.

But there just isn't anything worth spending money on.

Ah, but it does worry me. I love my two guitars, but I'm so fickle! When I see a new guitar then BAM! Am I going to be like this with women? I want to commit to someone so badly, yet at the same time, what's going to happen if I do, and I meet someone else? Am I going to be one of those boyfriend/husbands who hasn't an ounce of integrity?

I already lack integrity, but to have none whatsoever; yipes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Geo said...

"I love my two guitars, but I'm so fickle! When I see a new guitar then BAM! Am I going to be like this with women?"

Does that mean... you'll have TWO girls? and still want a new one when you see another one?

1/15/2007 7:23 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jon already has two girls... you just don't know about them because he keeps them locked up in the basement. I found out when I was doing laundry one day... he forgot to feed those poor girls

1/15/2007 9:27 p.m.  
Blogger simply said...

u should lock your guitars away and not touch or see them for a week or month! ...... then u will appreciate what you have.

1/16/2007 8:33 p.m.  
Blogger Havok said...

He doesn't need them alive Alicia...:(

1/18/2007 12:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home