Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Cheer for a Morning Drag.

Just out of my own curiosity, I checked out what I posted last year at this time and hey! On the topic of last post, some things really don't change.

You were right Kingston. Your words were and are absolutely true, and I guess I was too optimistic last year, and my expectiations in myself and others are still too ideal today.

And after another year, I still want out. I hate the division. The awkwardness and the lack of acknowledgement of the other person's presence. And the ignorance or apathy that surrounds from people around who don't want to step on toes. But I'm becoming apathetic towards it too, for all attempts in the past account for nothing. I have nothing but distaste for it and I don't want to deal with it anymore.

James Brown died this morning.

Congrats to Julie and Gid! Man, I'm a week behind on my blog. I've always been hesitant, but honored to help out in weddings. Hesitant because I am absolutely petrified of ruining the celebration (which I have, three times out of seven and counting). Oh, the responsibility. I guess I'm scared of responsibility as it is.

But it was a good wedding. And thanks to my partner who did most of the work.

Congrats again :)

Alicia really likes to decorate the house. I was a little surprised to see a tree and wrapped presents as well when I was over at friends last night. We talked about all the excitement of unwrapping the mystery in the morning, and I thought back to the first time my family partook in this tradition.

I was so excited I could barely sleep, and when I was finally allowed to open my gift (which was solid and rectangular), it revealed itself to be a nice stack of math workbooks. Which I subsequently had to do a few pages of that day too.

But they weren't always bad. One year, Irene and I got a Super Nintendo, which we had begged for, for months. Then our time on it was limited because we had to practice piano and such.

Heh, so... yeah. It's not that I think you're selling out to the commercialism of the season Alicia, well... I actually I do. It's not just that I think you're selling out, but I guess I'm not really used to it.

Ah... I can't wait to have kids. So I can ruin their memories too. Heck, I'm being optimistic again.

In any case, thanks to friends for being my family this time of year. Especially John and Carina.

Merry Christmas all!

-----edit-----

What the heck! My neighbors just rang the doorbell and gave me a present! Augh, and all that whining about not being excited...

Well, thanks to friends and neighbors then :) Merry Christmas all.

5 Comments:

Blogger simply said...

Merry Christmas Jonny!

12/25/2006 1:03 p.m.  
Blogger Sam said...

Merry Christmas Jonny!

(I took his Right testicle... its in a pickly jar at home...)

12/25/2006 4:25 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

Woo, lets put that in the Turkey stuffing tomorrow!

12/25/2006 4:31 p.m.  
Blogger Havok said...

LOL...well, for me, I thought I had a talk and was on good terms with the "other person" in my life, but it turns out all "other people" are retards because this "other person" didn't acknowledge me at all even though I saw "this person" all day yesterday at CPC and CPC related events.

As Norm would say on Cheers: "Women: you can't live with them...pass the beer nuts!"

And yet a wise older man reminded me last night that it takes women WAY LONGER to get over guys than guys over girls. So if you think you're all doing bad, I wonder what kind of a mess she's in lol.

And based on my experiences, it can take girls years to get over things so though I'm not justifying her actions, at least it gives some insights!

Don't worry though...I won't ignore you 'cuase I love ya too much man! Merry Christmas!!!!

12/25/2006 10:06 p.m.  
Blogger Alicia said...

Well, if it's any consolation, I did buy most of my decorations from the dollah store.

MERRY (BELATED) X-MAS

12/26/2006 7:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home