Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Cat Fight!

Today was hilarious. I think I've mentioned this, but I'll repeat myself. My partner teacher is fairly attractive and quite young; being in her late 20's or early 30's. My University Field Advisor is also fairly attractive, and quite young; being in her... late 20's or early 30's. Both have very good fashion sense.

My Partner Teacher (PT) is an amazing teacher by every standard. She's organized, thoughtful, and has a great rapor with her students. My Field Advisor (FA), I don't know my FA very well, so I'll not say anything.

Both are pretty relaxed individuals and by no means are they anal over protocal or procedures.

So today, my FA came down to visit our school for the first time, and my PT was fully aware of this. But I think my PT was expecting an old male academic, and I think my FA was expecting an older lady teacher.

So when they met, BAM!! ThereWasLikeThisHugeTensionInTheAir!! And they were talking very proffesionally, very civil, but the room got so cold you were inhaling ice.

HAHAHA!! I keep laughing just thinking about it. But man, they were both wearing skirts, both in nice dress shoes, both wearing professional blouses, both had their hair in a stylish manner, and both realized that they were seeing double.

And it was SOO wierd. I mean, King has some truth when he says teachers get self-conscious about their teaching. I mean....... when my PT saw my FA, she started putting lipstick on!!! What the HECK?! She never puts lipstick on in the middle of class!!! That was soo, wierd.

Anyway, it was funny. And this was all from my perspective. I could be totally off.

5 Comments:

Blogger Havok said...

women teachers are VERY defensive about their classroom...it's like if u come into it, u're going to critique their lives!!!

my partner teacher from last week said to me, "i hope u don't have to deal with a female partner teacher when u're actaully teaching" because the teacher she collaberated with for lessons was an emotional wreck!!! :P

9/28/2006 8:58 p.m.  
Blogger clarissaching said...

someone may have just openned a can of worms.... *wink*

Haha, i hope you are making some gross generalizations! :P

9/28/2006 10:03 p.m.  
Blogger Josh said...

HAHA that's hilarious
i think it's rapport
WOW ur teaching!!!!

today we had kids come to our PE class. it was sweet

9/29/2006 4:40 p.m.  
Blogger *andi* said...

I just think females in the same age category are generally competitive with each other. Cuz females ARE catty. It's been said that women dress up, not so much to impress the guys....but to show off to other women. (They're really the only ones who'll appreciate all the effort and products it takes to look that way.)

9/30/2006 2:46 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

hmm, good insight!

10/01/2006 1:29 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home