The Indifference of Good Men
As I was walking to my car after work today, I saw a man passed out on the lawn of a commerical building, with his legs crossed on the road. His butt crack was on display for any passerby to see. And I thought to myself Man, I don't want to deal with that right now. Work sucked, and I just want to go home.
...Just keep walking man. If he needs help, someone else will get to him. (Diffusion of Responsibility - Social Psych?).
So I did, but as I kept walking, I began pondering if he really did need help. If he needed the 5 bucks in my wallet. Should I turn back? What if he's dead? Beat up and knocked out? ...Doesn't Fido charge for 911 calls?
Talk about incentive.
So I turned back. No bruises, no blood. That's a good sign. And as I get closer, his eyes squint, his legs twitch, and he rolls over; still sound asleep.
That's it, I'm going home.


2 Comments:
"So I turned back."
And that says it all.
You're a good man, Jon.
you're sexy too! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home