Monday, July 31, 2006

That's reality I guess

It was honestly, the most awful day I've ever worked. Just when things are comfortable, when the workplace is the safe environment to let your guard down, you and your workmates are stripped completely of all dignity and integrity; Being forced to apologize for nothing, to people who think they're more than they are. Granted, I say sorry a lot, but I've never had to apologize when I had absolutely no conviction to do so.

At the time, proverbs of watching the tongue, and not aggrivating situations (Prov. 21:23); Turning the other cheek, and giving up my cloak (Matt. 5:39); And respecting my masters, even if they're bad masters (1Peter 2:18) kept popping to mind.

But as I was driving home, I just felt all the more humiliated. Even now, I feel like I've done something horrible, and I realize it's from my lack of self respect. Is being spineless really God-honoring?

I have no idea, but I will never apologize so freely again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonny said...

True enough. I should rephrase to say, I felt so spineless, that it was not God-honoring at all.

8/02/2006 11:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home