Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Morning Dispositions

I hate waking up.

I hate waking up to memories.

I hate memories.

How's that for haiku? So as I lay sleepless at 5am this morning with the what could have beens, I finally got up to do what the city had commissioned me to do.

Apparently, although it's not part of the land property, it is still under the resposibility of the landowner to keep this one stretch of wildlife between my backyard fence and the walkway presentable. No one's ever let me into this loop, so I recieved a notice from a bylaw officer the other day to remind me of my services.

And man! What a jungle! But I actually enjoyed myself. I fixed up the old weed-eater and ripped up not one, not two, but 7 bee's nests!! Jeeze, I could never see them as they were burried behind all this grass and weed. Thankfully, only 2 of them actually inhabited bees; and a wasp's nest resided against the wall.

"How can cursing and praise come from the same mouth?" Paul asks... well let me tell you, when those bees started to fill my sky, much cursing and much praying was done this morning. Should I stay? Should I run?

I gave a quick prayer and soldiered on and miraculously enough, they left me alone. It was fun, maybe I should take up a job in landscaping.

Oh, and congrats to Gid and Julie on your engagement! Only three bachelors left in Mezz.

2 Comments:

Blogger simply said...

bees are fun until they sting

Happy (early/late?) 23rd Birthday!!
you're still young...

7/19/2006 4:16 p.m.  
Blogger Havok said...

Why do you always put the same Naruto pic on your blogs?

7/21/2006 12:21 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home