I love my job.
The other day, I met a local luthier and national legend, Judy Threet. At first, I thought she was just another customer looking to buy a small gift for her kids. As she was looking very intently at guitar stands, I asked if I could help. And so as I was showing her our various stands, I suddenly recodnized her."Holy Crap! Are you Judy Threet?!"
She gave me a wry look and said yes. Holy Crap! Did I just say holy crap outloud? And I immediatly flustered out like a schoolgirl, a confession of how I had the privelage of trying one of her creations. And despite the fact that it was a small parlour sized guitar, it's sound blew me away. Even if you don't like guitars, you should check out her inlay work; They're absolutely incredible!
The first time I was exposed to her work was from my first guitar teacher, who said that if I ever wanted to customize my guitar, the option was available. Well, now Judy's not taking any orders because she's got about three years worth to complete. But even still, as she left, she told me I should drop by her shop!
Woo!
========//=========
Added ifamericansknew.com to my Good Read links. Not sure if the statistics are entirely up to date or accurate, however, I think it's good to see anything not from the Isreali perspective, which our North American media seems to be so infatuated with.


1 Comments:
What in the blue hazes is a Judy? :)
Post a Comment
<< Home