Finnish Folks
I made a new friend!
Well, technically, we met about 6 months ago. I was looking up info on the Hamer Chaparral 12 String Bass, when I came across this testimonial site. Seems everyone who has one likes it, but... 12 string bass (4 keys, 3 strings per key)? Thats nuts.
So, one fellow had a link to his band's website, and it being related to blues, I was instantly curious. He had some sound samples too which peaked my interest as well, so I emailed them and asked if they had a CD I could purchase. The fellow responds, and it turns out they're from Finland! So we talk about Canadian bands, Finnish bands, influences, etc. And he said he'd grab me a CD for free! So, 6 months later, it's finally arrived, it rocks! It's a 4 piece band, with vocals/lead guitar, bass, saxophone, and drummer.
I met one of Josh's Edmonton friends this weekend, and he said something along the lines of how, music makes a great connection between people of common interest.
I couldn't agree more.
So also this weekend, I came across this simple slab of mahogany with two P-90's, and I couldn't help myself. So I took it home to try for a couple days. It's a lot of fun, and has a fairly comfortable weight to it, and it's used for 850 bucks, but... despite it's wonderful bell-like chimes in the middle position, I was a little dissapointed with the lead pickup. Neck sounds great though. Still, 850 bucks? Can't justify it :) I'll pick up a real 50's one later.
Another nice treat that came in yesterday was a 76' reissue Explorer finished in classic white. I know I already have a white guitar (I don't know why I'm so drawn to them), but this thing has a real light weight to it. -And yeah... it sounds great. Access to the upper frets is effortless, and I could use a guitar with humbuckers...
Well, it's either a new guitar, or I can do myself a real favor and get new glasses. The choice is pretty obvious right?
Well, technically, we met about 6 months ago. I was looking up info on the Hamer Chaparral 12 String Bass, when I came across this testimonial site. Seems everyone who has one likes it, but... 12 string bass (4 keys, 3 strings per key)? Thats nuts.
So, one fellow had a link to his band's website, and it being related to blues, I was instantly curious. He had some sound samples too which peaked my interest as well, so I emailed them and asked if they had a CD I could purchase. The fellow responds, and it turns out they're from Finland! So we talk about Canadian bands, Finnish bands, influences, etc. And he said he'd grab me a CD for free! So, 6 months later, it's finally arrived, it rocks! It's a 4 piece band, with vocals/lead guitar, bass, saxophone, and drummer.
I met one of Josh's Edmonton friends this weekend, and he said something along the lines of how, music makes a great connection between people of common interest.
I couldn't agree more.
So also this weekend, I came across this simple slab of mahogany with two P-90's, and I couldn't help myself. So I took it home to try for a couple days. It's a lot of fun, and has a fairly comfortable weight to it, and it's used for 850 bucks, but... despite it's wonderful bell-like chimes in the middle position, I was a little dissapointed with the lead pickup. Neck sounds great though. Still, 850 bucks? Can't justify it :) I'll pick up a real 50's one later.
Another nice treat that came in yesterday was a 76' reissue Explorer finished in classic white. I know I already have a white guitar (I don't know why I'm so drawn to them), but this thing has a real light weight to it. -And yeah... it sounds great. Access to the upper frets is effortless, and I could use a guitar with humbuckers... Well, it's either a new guitar, or I can do myself a real favor and get new glasses. The choice is pretty obvious right?


6 Comments:
who needs glasses? if women are allowed to drive like maniacs, we should be allowed to too! :)
new guitar it is!
woohoo!
new guitar because new glasses won't do anything for your appearance with that long greasy hair of yours :P
or you can get the same conditioner that makes tammie cheung's hair look so shiny and healthy if you're going to attempt to enhance your appearance :)
umm....
real rockers just close their eyes and let the music take them!
hahaha.....
Therefore, you don't need glasses! :)
dude
I just took a massive dump. I feel so relieved and awake now. yes!
Why replace something that ain't broke, if its still functional then...
However, I understand that a new guitar may only be a phase... but who cares get the guitar
Then again, it might be good to think it over. Ok, I encourage to think it over... perhaps over the toliet. Thats the best place for me to make any decision...
(btw: I decided on a car a few minutes ago)
Dear Jonny,
You have a beautiful smile!
the end.
Post a Comment
<< Home