Yeah, I was totally inspired not to suck.
All pictures in this post are from Ontario, regardless of my ramblings of work.
Today was the last day of two of my co-workers. I'm a bit jealous, as they're hittin the road to go on tour across N. America! but I drove one of them home and we chatted all the way. It's funny how I've become relatively close to those I work with at L&M. The job is great, as I get paid for doing mostly nothing all day. Working at restaurants are fun, but rushes get pretty stressful. Calling centres are hell. Tutoring centres are pretty boring... Teaching at studios are frustrating and lonely at times (but I may be getting back into that if I don't get more hours here).
But at L&M, we can just hang out behind the counters and talk about... anything! Spirituality, girls, porn, electric guitars, acoustic guitars, vintage guitars, guitar amps, guitar effects, theory, scales, bands, local bands, underground bands, tours, gigs, life experiences, relationships, marriages, divorces... And if it gets busy, we'll just sneak away into the acoustic room and look like we're tuning guitars as we talk.
HAHA, alright, it's not that easy, but it's a lot more slack than any other job I've had. Even when it is busy. So long as you don't take anything too seriously, it's all gravy.
Still, lots of good people have left and it does get kind of depressing when we reminisce on lost comrades.
The end of my Ontario trip was great. It was just what I needed to get away from my cluttered thoughts of troubles in Calgary. It's always nice to be reminded that Calgary is not the end. I also got to know my brother in law Rylan a lot better, which was something I was truly hoping for. I never really realized how much I missed my sister until brushing my teeth beside her. *sigh*

Rylan took me Trenton's airbase museum which was totally rad! Not as spectacular as Washington DC's lol, but it did have the world's only Halifax! Restored and rebuilt, that thing was a beast!! I had no idea it was so big... I've climbed in B-17's before, but that craft is an entirely different bomber, being so long and slender. This thing was tall and stocky, and quite simply a monster!!
There were other nice planes like this DC (forget which one), and the Hurricane and Spitfire. The museum itself was a great Canadian monument, and portrayed very well our contributions during World War II. And the nice the was, it was free admission!!
Canada rules.
We had steak on the BBQ afterwards, but it was no where near as good as Alberta Beef. Not even close, but still good :)
Alberta rules.
...except for our widely conservative voting population.
Alright, I better go feed myself; farewell to all, and to all a goodnight.
Today was the last day of two of my co-workers. I'm a bit jealous, as they're hittin the road to go on tour across N. America! but I drove one of them home and we chatted all the way. It's funny how I've become relatively close to those I work with at L&M. The job is great, as I get paid for doing mostly nothing all day. Working at restaurants are fun, but rushes get pretty stressful. Calling centres are hell. Tutoring centres are pretty boring... Teaching at studios are frustrating and lonely at times (but I may be getting back into that if I don't get more hours here).
But at L&M, we can just hang out behind the counters and talk about... anything! Spirituality, girls, porn, electric guitars, acoustic guitars, vintage guitars, guitar amps, guitar effects, theory, scales, bands, local bands, underground bands, tours, gigs, life experiences, relationships, marriages, divorces... And if it gets busy, we'll just sneak away into the acoustic room and look like we're tuning guitars as we talk.HAHA, alright, it's not that easy, but it's a lot more slack than any other job I've had. Even when it is busy. So long as you don't take anything too seriously, it's all gravy.
Still, lots of good people have left and it does get kind of depressing when we reminisce on lost comrades.
The end of my Ontario trip was great. It was just what I needed to get away from my cluttered thoughts of troubles in Calgary. It's always nice to be reminded that Calgary is not the end. I also got to know my brother in law Rylan a lot better, which was something I was truly hoping for. I never really realized how much I missed my sister until brushing my teeth beside her. *sigh*
Rylan took me Trenton's airbase museum which was totally rad! Not as spectacular as Washington DC's lol, but it did have the world's only Halifax! Restored and rebuilt, that thing was a beast!! I had no idea it was so big... I've climbed in B-17's before, but that craft is an entirely different bomber, being so long and slender. This thing was tall and stocky, and quite simply a monster!!
There were other nice planes like this DC (forget which one), and the Hurricane and Spitfire. The museum itself was a great Canadian monument, and portrayed very well our contributions during World War II. And the nice the was, it was free admission!!
Canada rules.
We had steak on the BBQ afterwards, but it was no where near as good as Alberta Beef. Not even close, but still good :)Alberta rules.
...except for our widely conservative voting population.
Alright, I better go feed myself; farewell to all, and to all a goodnight.


1 Comments:
dang
if u didn't have a band
i'd have u join mine
Post a Comment
<< Home