What town/city rhymes with constellation?
Day 1 in Toronto is down. I was really lucky to get on the flight yesterday though. There were 4 seats open and 2 other standby's who out-ranked me... So if there would have been anymore standby's I'd be out waiting for the next one.
But the lady was nice, and when she printed my ticket, she apologized, saying "it's not a great seat..." but I stopped her and thanked her. Even better, I looked at the ticket, and it read: 22E. Yes!! I get to see the wing! One of my favorite seats on flights :) Either that or business class :P
Speaking of business class, I've been spoiled the last 3 years for landing them non-stop. It was nice to get my wing seat again, but I forgot that you had to pay for meals and alcoholic beverages when your not sitting with the elites. Ohwell :) Like hell I'm going to pay 5 bucks for a crappy cold sandwich to Air Canada.
The movie wasn't so great though :( I should've taken my headphones off and read, but I'm such a sucker for sap romances (Tristan and Isolde <-- or however you spell that). Like I said, it wasn't such a great movie. Lousy acting, lousy sword play, the guy had nice pecs though.
Today was spent mostly driving. We went to the small town of Cathan to attend the funeral of Rylan's friend's wife. I've always appreciated funerals, as they remind me of my own mortality, and the futility of material wealth. And people are generally more real during funerals aswell. She seemed like a wonderful lady, who really did impact the community around her. I felt a bit awckward being there, but I was both inspired and humbled, and reminded of my own mom.
What was really cool however was, during the funeral convoy, every single car, truck, SUV, and 18 wheeler on the street, no matter which lane they were on, pulled over and stopped for us. I've never seen such communal respect!! Only in souther Ontario Rylan says. I remember walking across the street to the cemetary in Calgary, and cars were honking at us to hurry up.
We spent the rest of the afternoon driving back to Irene's home, and in the evening, went over to their friend's, an elderly couple who are attendents in Rylan's congregation.
What a wonderful little couple! Alive and glad of it, the husband is a gentle British man with the most perverted wit. The wife is both generous and gracious with her own sense of humor to counter her counterpart. Small town retiree's rule. We played poker for most of the night, pausing to smoke cigars and drink scotch on their deck (where the stars were bright as ever!).
It's good to be out of Calgary; so much that's been weighing on me has been lifted. And being so close to such a large body of water (Lake Eerie) has got me having second thoughts on staying in Calgary. MMmm... I could move to BC? Victoria Island? Or maybe out east? Heck, Newfies are really cool. Ripples in the water, and the smell of it all was calling me...
Knowing me, I'll probably stay in Calgary :P But I think I'll open'em doors.
But the lady was nice, and when she printed my ticket, she apologized, saying "it's not a great seat..." but I stopped her and thanked her. Even better, I looked at the ticket, and it read: 22E. Yes!! I get to see the wing! One of my favorite seats on flights :) Either that or business class :P
Speaking of business class, I've been spoiled the last 3 years for landing them non-stop. It was nice to get my wing seat again, but I forgot that you had to pay for meals and alcoholic beverages when your not sitting with the elites. Ohwell :) Like hell I'm going to pay 5 bucks for a crappy cold sandwich to Air Canada.
The movie wasn't so great though :( I should've taken my headphones off and read, but I'm such a sucker for sap romances (Tristan and Isolde <-- or however you spell that). Like I said, it wasn't such a great movie. Lousy acting, lousy sword play, the guy had nice pecs though.
Today was spent mostly driving. We went to the small town of Cathan to attend the funeral of Rylan's friend's wife. I've always appreciated funerals, as they remind me of my own mortality, and the futility of material wealth. And people are generally more real during funerals aswell. She seemed like a wonderful lady, who really did impact the community around her. I felt a bit awckward being there, but I was both inspired and humbled, and reminded of my own mom.
What was really cool however was, during the funeral convoy, every single car, truck, SUV, and 18 wheeler on the street, no matter which lane they were on, pulled over and stopped for us. I've never seen such communal respect!! Only in souther Ontario Rylan says. I remember walking across the street to the cemetary in Calgary, and cars were honking at us to hurry up.
We spent the rest of the afternoon driving back to Irene's home, and in the evening, went over to their friend's, an elderly couple who are attendents in Rylan's congregation.
What a wonderful little couple! Alive and glad of it, the husband is a gentle British man with the most perverted wit. The wife is both generous and gracious with her own sense of humor to counter her counterpart. Small town retiree's rule. We played poker for most of the night, pausing to smoke cigars and drink scotch on their deck (where the stars were bright as ever!).
It's good to be out of Calgary; so much that's been weighing on me has been lifted. And being so close to such a large body of water (Lake Eerie) has got me having second thoughts on staying in Calgary. MMmm... I could move to BC? Victoria Island? Or maybe out east? Heck, Newfies are really cool. Ripples in the water, and the smell of it all was calling me...
Knowing me, I'll probably stay in Calgary :P But I think I'll open'em doors.


3 Comments:
dude ur gone?!?!
i just got back~!!!
when are u coming back?
you're gone?!?! I knew this day felt good for a reason but I had no idea why!! :) Haha...j/k have fun!!
constipation?
Post a Comment
<< Home