Welcome to Wheatland County
I actually really enjoy the drive over to Strathmore. It's been great starting off my day with a long drive, as I get to clear my head and think of things to do during classes. Other great bonuses are that school itself is just fabulous! I feel extremely blessed to have been placed there.
The Principle is so... relatable. He's an older man, but like I said earlier, he has this aura around him that you can't help but respect. I went down to see him today during my spare, and talked with him about... hair! Asking him if the length hair on a male applicant was a factor, and... *drum role* It's Not!! So In Your Face! All you who tell me to get a hair cut!
We talked for a good 20 minutes, and it's great crack jokes with a man 3 times your senior, and infinitely many times your wisdom. But he certainly made me feel at home. At the end of it, as I was walking out the door, he went back to the topic of my hair, and encouraged me to keep growing it. If you haven't noticed it yet Jonathan, most of our guys don't have much hair left. I'd grow it as much as I could if I were you.
I had a lot to complain about concerning my Partner Teacher, but now, after seeing more of his style, I can see it's strengths. In fact, I quite like it, and there is a lot I can learn from it!
It certainly is different, and it certainly is unique, but now that I've thought about it, he's really trying to adapt to the kid's lifestyles. He understands that a lot of them have been seduced into taking jobs at the gas stations and fast food restaurants that have been plaguing Strathmore, and so he wants to give them as much time to get work done in the class as possible, rather than lecture the entire period. In any case, I'm starting to see it's benefits! Lots of journalling to do...
P.S. Bring it ON BUNG!
The Principle is so... relatable. He's an older man, but like I said earlier, he has this aura around him that you can't help but respect. I went down to see him today during my spare, and talked with him about... hair! Asking him if the length hair on a male applicant was a factor, and... *drum role* It's Not!! So In Your Face! All you who tell me to get a hair cut!
We talked for a good 20 minutes, and it's great crack jokes with a man 3 times your senior, and infinitely many times your wisdom. But he certainly made me feel at home. At the end of it, as I was walking out the door, he went back to the topic of my hair, and encouraged me to keep growing it. If you haven't noticed it yet Jonathan, most of our guys don't have much hair left. I'd grow it as much as I could if I were you.
I had a lot to complain about concerning my Partner Teacher, but now, after seeing more of his style, I can see it's strengths. In fact, I quite like it, and there is a lot I can learn from it!
It certainly is different, and it certainly is unique, but now that I've thought about it, he's really trying to adapt to the kid's lifestyles. He understands that a lot of them have been seduced into taking jobs at the gas stations and fast food restaurants that have been plaguing Strathmore, and so he wants to give them as much time to get work done in the class as possible, rather than lecture the entire period. In any case, I'm starting to see it's benefits! Lots of journalling to do...
P.S. Bring it ON BUNG!


6 Comments:
cool princiPAL...
Whether or not it was cool to do so was never the issue. :)
I just want to grow my hair. :P
You know... if you grow up having very little to no hair... when you start to lose your hair, you won't miss it as much. :P But if you have TONS of hair while growing up and then start losing it... you might have a mental breakdown. Keep that in mind. haha. :P
hahaha! I see your getting ready eh Geo?
zing!!!
reminds me of SNL when owen wilson was the mean teacher with the long "rockstar hair" wig (he looked like chad from switchfoot) trying to dethrone seth meyers' character's "cool teacher" status... plus the recurring bit with the zingers between seth and the guest...
follically i'm from the "keep it short, or else look funny with the not enough trees in the forest look" camp... whoops, did i just say that out loud?! wow, that offically makes me a chick magnet...
Post a Comment
<< Home