Thursday, September 08, 2005

Diffusion of Responsibility

Alright King, this one's from Psych class:

So today, Mike and I were over at Blockbusters, paying for our rentals, and out of the corner of my eye this fellow blurs out the door setting off the alarm. "Oh! I think someone just stole something?" says the girl serving us. This other girl who was filing DVD's, simply continued with her work, "You know what? I don't even care."

Mike and I were so confused as to what to do! Uh... should I go after them? Should I at least grab their lisence plate? But the apathy of the two employees shocked us both, to the point that... we didn't do anything!

I really wished I had gotten the liscence plate, and make of the car. Gah... Why was I so slow to react?

Anyway, they tell me at L&M to chase anyone who swipes anything. I hope I act a bit wiser when the time comes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

You need to do your best Tate imitation.

You know, those commercials with that football player that runs anybody down that was slacking in the office?

9/08/2005 8:33 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

terry tate! hahaha.

i'm sure you'll do better when you're on the job.

9/08/2005 1:28 p.m.  
Blogger Tobi Wong said...

Now that reminds me of that DVD we got at the Crusade Conference this past Christmas, by Transfer. And that Quarterback dude that slams into the Christians who didn't take the chance to evangelize.

9/08/2005 10:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home