Ooh, the Excitement of Anticipation!
Lately, Martin's intonation has been getting worse and worse, to the point that I can't even tune him up. But, when I thought about it, of the four years that I've had him, I've never sent him in for a profressional set-up! Yeah, the action's a little high on him anyway, and the strings were beyond dead, so... why the heck not. Plus, my prefered tech now works at L&M anyway!
I thought it would take about a week for him to get serviced, so I sent him in yesterday, and this morning, Fry, my tech, calls me up to tell me everything's been set! We talked for a bit, on the adjustments he's made, and things he saw needed improvement, and man! I can't wait to grab my guitar back! But, in the interest of gas, I must restrain myself until Friday, when I go to work.
Dang! It's rare for me to get excited like this haha! I really want to know how Martin plays!!
I thought it would take about a week for him to get serviced, so I sent him in yesterday, and this morning, Fry, my tech, calls me up to tell me everything's been set! We talked for a bit, on the adjustments he's made, and things he saw needed improvement, and man! I can't wait to grab my guitar back! But, in the interest of gas, I must restrain myself until Friday, when I go to work.
Dang! It's rare for me to get excited like this haha! I really want to know how Martin plays!!


6 Comments:
nice guitar stuff..
someone just spammed you.
mmm spam tastes good! :P
Man! I can't believe I got spammed!
man, I need to give you my guitar to get adjusted, my bridge is definitely too high.
dude! you have a martin!?! so cool.
spam? confused... has it been eaten... or i mean deleted?
yeah, I deleted it. It was quite long :)
Yup, my martin's been with me for 4 years now. Humble little guitar, solid spruce top, laminate mahogany back and sides. Nothing fancy, but he's got the nice low end thump Martin's are known for.
The guitar I covet now would be a Martin D16RGT, similar to what I have, but the back and sides would be made of solid rosewood. Ah... That'll balance out the low's with more brightness... The mahogany's a little too deep sometimes.
Post a Comment
<< Home