Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Rocking out!

Just wrapped up a wicked sick jam session with the Bungus band. This was our second time with our new bassist, and together, I think we're really starting to warm up to each other.

Today's practice was a heck-of-a-lot better than last time, where we were still testing waters, and Faith being such a strong musician, we were really intimidated. But it was awesome.

I can't wait to grab us a drummer! I can't wait!

I love my new amp. I love it to bits! But yes Bung... I admit, I do need to grab a guitar with humbuckers in it. But I must wait patiently, and wait for the one God has prepared for me.

haha, yeah... my standards for guitars are so high now, they're kind of ridiculous. But if I must have something, I must have the best of it's class. Well, in regards to guitars. I could care less about cars and such...

So what do I want? A Hamer Standard? An SG of some sort? A Les Paul?? or... A G&L Legacy Special?

Yeah... I'm so happy with my Legacy, how could I be as happy with anything short of another one?

Done deal :D A Legacy Special it is!

Second day of school complete and man, do the tasks before me ever look daunting. I called up the principle of my assigned school, and he seemed like a really nice gent! I can't wait to meet him, and my liason. Ah... this inquiry-based approach seems quite worthwhile... and I'm really excited to get this started. But all that journal writing...?

Even still, I've made quite a number of new friends, and that really nice blond librarian just so happens to be in my year!

Ah whatever... money's better spent on guitars. Plus, guitars are less expensive.

10 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

You want a Flamed top PRS guitar with a burst finish....

and a clear Acrylic Bass to go with it.

9/14/2005 9:42 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jonny, at this point, I'd take anything over another legacy.

9/14/2005 9:43 a.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

Nice Tony :) Only thing is... I don't fancy PRS's. Though nice guitars they are indeed, they are TOO nice. And their image has been forever ruined for me, when I watched Avril Lavigne smash her Whale Blue AAA flame top Custom 24 over the windshield of some car.

At that defining moment, I knew I had to get rid of my McCarty.

Heehee, though my McCarty certainly was a lot nicer than my Legacy, I've never been more satisfied playing anything else but my Legacy.

So... solution? A Legacy with Humbuckers! ie. Legacy Special!!

9/14/2005 4:38 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JOn!... welcome to the emotional world of education:)... good luck at your school... next year remember to put that you don't have a car!!

9/14/2005 7:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha love the marriage analogy on the humbucking guitar.

woot for the librarian.

haha your comment about being scared of faith's playing cracked me up big time, don't worry man, she's been playing that one song for a while and knows some crazy grove for it that she learnt from our guitarist.

my vote is for a novax - fanned fret guitar by ralph novak as given props to by john mayer on the dvd (he plays one on neon - a special one for the drop c tuning) plus it's on the cover of room for squares. kinda pricey though...

9/14/2005 10:25 p.m.  
Blogger Anthony said...

Don't know how they sound, but you can custom make your Carvin.

I've heard good things about them, but have never seen it in person other then the bass that I have from them.

When I was last looking at them, I was interested in the DC400.

9/15/2005 8:26 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correction, legacy specials dont' have real fullsize humbuckers ... but a watered down version! plus its bolt on and it ain't no hardtail (sustain issues).

Hahaha! you must be so annoyed right now. As bad as it sounds, it brings me joy.

9/16/2005 10:07 a.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

On the contrary, I'm not annoyed at all. The proper definition of a "Humbucker" is any type of pickup that cancels the 60-cycle hum.

Watered down? Please, don't say things out of ignorance, and try one before you make your premature judgements.

And there are advantages to having bolt ons. To start, it allows you to have that spank, that Les Pauls are unable to fulfill. Also, bust the neck of a Les Paul, and you'll have to replace the entire guitar. Bust the neck of a telecaster? Replace the neck.

And sustain? Jimi didn't seem to have a problem with sustain, and mind you, he used underwound single coil pickups.

And you should know that I can't live without my Daul Fulcrum Vibrato system. If I ever had a had a humbucking guitar, I would want it, ideally, to have at least some form of a tremelo bridge. I'd even settle for a bigsby.

Finally, I'm not looking for "Les Paul" sound, nor am I looking for that "Strat" tone. If I wanted a Les Paul, I'd buy one. However, I'm looking for something more. Something completely unique, and innovative; and out of Leo's wonderful imagination came the greatest potential I've considered yet.

At the very least, show some respect to the old man (Leo).

9/17/2005 2:03 a.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

Come to think of it, you just don't like them because you think the dual blades are ugly!

SHALLOW! SHALLOW!!

9/17/2005 2:12 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correction Hendrix never had sustain ... he was the king of using space ... probably did that out of the fact he coudlnt' get any sustain.

Humuckers are 2 single coils in series, not 2 1/2 single coils in series.

Plus the blades are ugly! and strats too!

Leo Fender is awesome, but so are other guitar makes. Get your head out of snobville already! haha.

9/19/2005 10:33 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home