Saturday, March 26, 2005

Market Mall, and the Whore of Babylon

I don't know... I went out shopping with some old friends from high school the other day. It was GREAT to see them again, especially one whom I haven't talked to for a loong time. But man, when we hit the mall, and hittin the shops... I couldn't believe the prices! A pair of jeans for 200 dollars! Am I that naive, to be shocked by this? What really choked me though was that people were willing to spend that kind of money! Am I being judgemental? Has the prices on clothes always been this high? I don't remember my mom spending that kind of money on me... it was more like, 20 bucks at most for a pair of pants... And honestly, I haven't really gone shopping for clothes that much since she's gone haha.

But in all seriousness, 31 dollars can feed a child for a month... you can feed a kid for almost 7 months with that much! I felt really uncomfortable in those stores, and it got me thinking, just how... North America is so blessed with materials. But we don't give it a second thought, and continue to indulge ourselves in these expensive binges... And I wonder; what God thinks of it all?

I wonder what God thinks of my constant lust for guitars? Five pairs of pants and I can afford to buy this!



So pretty... I'm almost tempted to drop my Bible and worship that thing... In fact, I probably do worship that thing more than God sometimes.

I know some GREAT Players, who have ONE guitar, and honestly, I'm so envious of them. How can they be so content? What is this in me that keeps telling me I need more? I need better?

My gosh... I'm trying to find fulfillment in my possessions...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home