Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Globalization

Was talking with some friends the other day and we were concerned over how nothing Canadian is owned by Canada anymore. (She was arguing that at least Lululemon hasn't sold out).

Hudson Bay bought out by Zucker
Molson bought out by Coors
Tim Hortons bought out by Wendy's
Eatons, bought out by... Sears?
CN Rail is mostly American now
Montreal Canadiens

But it's not all bad. Canada's doing their own branching out too. For example, Avril Lavigne going Mandarin.



LOL Is this just news to me? Or did you guys know of this already?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha! Oh, wow, Wow! That was priceless. Hey I just added you as my friend on Facebook. i guess that means we can't be real life friends anymore...

3/20/2007 4:27 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

Hahaha! Too funny. Yeah, I was thinking about that post, and realized there's a serious flaw in me relating facebook to myspace.

But ahwell, for better or for worse, I'll everything I post.

3/20/2007 6:53 p.m.  
Blogger *andi* said...

I believe, correct me if I"m wrong, Canadian Pacific Railway is still Canadian....HQ right here in Calgary. =)

4/01/2007 9:34 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think she has a japanese version too..lol..anyways haven't you heard of M2M, they have a full version of it ...makes me feel almost bad for not understanding Mandarin..almost..

4/04/2007 10:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home