Sunday, July 17, 2005

Springs and Furnaces

Hahaha Sim! I just read your comment on Dr. S, and her head forward and eyes bulging out hahaha... oh man... first year... thinking about it, it seems like... trying to recollect an old movie that I haven't seen in years.

I feel kind of aged.

After driving my dad to the airport, I was on my way home, where I watched this student driver try to rush a left turn on a red light. But... he was way too late, and that caused a huge muck. I sure hope not everyone's taking their driving courses from Chinese folks. Otherwise traffic here's going to be worse than Vancouver in a couple of years LOL. I mean... come'on! It might cost a little more, but CAA at least has standards!

On that topic, I'm finally convinced not to get that Porsche 944 when I can afford it. I know it's unreliable, but the reason behind that is, according to my dad, most of it's parts are from Volkswagon. In general, the 944 is pretty much a Volks in a sports body. And it's not a Porsche in the traditional sense, since the engines in the front. Well... I couldn't care less where the engine is, cause I think the car looks damn sexy. And considering Calgary driving, I'd rather have front wheel drive anyway... (not that I'd drive it in the winter though). But... Your telling me that's a Volkswagon in disguise? Alright... you had me at blood and semen.

Anybody else think today's sermon was great?! In a prairie sense, that guy had a lot of good humor! But more importantly, what a great message. At first, when he opened with how we may be dissapointed in God for letting the gay marriage bit pass, I thought Oh great... yet another message to further our paranoia towards homosexuals. But to my surprise, he didn't go into that at all! Rather, he went into looking for Jesus in times of trouble. Or, waiting for Jesus.

I have been in this situation before, being in a math class where I don't know what the crap is going on, but God did pull through in that. He sent my dad to tell me, when I was considering if I should drop it, Jon, you ever heard of Spartacus?... blah blah blah (My dad's very long winded); Take the exam. If you fail, then so be it, but it's better to fail than to give up. So after much prayer, I pulled a Spartacus and took that exam in faith, and passed!

Well, here I am in the same furnace. Here we go! To the last man!!

I was also greatly encouraged when the speaker mentioned how he met two girls visiting his church, and learned that they've been encouraged to seek out who and what God was, from speaking to other University kids. I mean, people argue that, atheist's don't want to hear it, and they certainly don't want us "Christians" shoving religion down their throats. Fair enough, but NOT EVERY non-religious person is Atheist! There ARE Agnostics out there too!!! The Harvest is Ripe!! And if we don't go out there looking for them, they're gonna get sucked into New Age, Mormonism, Jehovah's, and other such paths!!

Go out and make disciples! I don't think God asked for a bunch of Chickens huddling in church on Sunday mornings. He asked for our lives!! GAHH!!!

I have to admit, I haven't gone witnessing in a long while! Anyone up for some Gospel sharing this week?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, thanks for the props on your blog - that's a first for me. now i'm feeling selfish/shallow for commenting about that when you deal with so much more important and wider horizoned subject matter like being missional, etc. haha, talking about being old, as you know i'm working on the seven year plan. man, the new frosh were in grade seven during my first year - if i don't pass this year then next year i'll be in uni with a bunch of kids who were elementary school students when i was a freshman... that age thing gets weird the older we get - reminds me of thinking about big age differentials and dating (i.e. "she was in school already before he was even born")

7/18/2005 3:07 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, forgot to say this. sorry for the late comments all the time. takes me a while to remember to visit everyone's blogs sometimes - looks like my procastination is all encompasing, huh?

7/18/2005 4:44 a.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

Holy smokes, that is a wierd concept... Going to school w/ elementary kids... I was going to share a secret... but... I think I'll hold back.

Anyway! Dude, you need more sleep.

-J.

7/18/2005 2:00 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

Yeah... King can give off that kind of impression, but you can't hold it against him...

j/k.

What're you up to these days?

7/18/2005 11:22 p.m.  
Blogger Havok said...

lol how did I get dragged into this? you two planned this out from the start didn't you? DAHHHH

It's true, there are many ppl who are on a spiritual journey for the truth.... :P Christians taint the image of Christianity because they are people; despite their religious beliefs, they are still imperfect. We should use the fundamentals of Jesus' teachings to validate whether Christianity is in fact real. :)

Jon, hope to see you at Jesus Expo; make sure you drop by and visit me baby! And bring that outfit I love; you know, the one that I like... :P

7/19/2005 8:58 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

Correction. You are imperfect. But, regardless, you look hot tonight. Lets make out!

What Jesus Expo?

7/19/2005 10:43 p.m.  
Blogger Havok said...

Dude, I've only been telling you about Jesus Expo for say....over a year now! :P

It's the street party where we're blocking off a section in Chinatown and presenting Jesus to the Chinese community. Lots of churches are on board with us in helping out for this event so it should be fantabulous!! See ya there! :)

7/20/2005 8:11 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home