Wednesday, October 18, 2006

"I don't consider it a credible report."

Guess who said that about the Iraq death estimates...

President Bush!!

HA HA HA!

Ahh... I just thought that was worth a laugh, coming from such a credible person and all.

On the topic of companionship, I heard something really cool at Impact last Friday: God was not enough for Adam, even when it was just the two of them! And at that, I grabbed my old mentors arm and whispered frantically:

It's all a lie then!! All that crap about people saying, 'Oh, God's enough for me;' that's all bull!

To which he replies:

That's right, there's no going lone-ranger in this game.

My field advisor came down today, and oddly enough, I didn't feel the least bit uncomfortable or nervous. I just had a normal class, with a normal lesson plan, and I have a pretty good handle on managing the class. She's not a math teacher so I figure be there to assess my interaction with the kids. Despite the fact that I gave my kids the opportunity to be on the worst behaviour as I introduced her, they were wonderful.

But yeah, on the topic of teachers being protective over their teaching style, I don't have one! So lay it on me man! Tell me what I need to improve on! Tell me what I need to think about!

She was very positive and encouraging with her comments though, and honestly, I am just beaming inside. And she did still give me some very good minor details to think about. Stuff so minor, that I would not have even considered it, but seriously, it makes all the difference.

Man, I am so thankful for such incredible people to guide me. I don't deserve it, and I do feel a bit guilty... But to hell with that. After four years of the crappiest undergrad instructions, it's about time I got something from the UofC.

One other thing that was super awesome today, we had our first night of Parent Teacher Interviews, and I saw my Gr. 7 Social Studies teacher!! And I just realized... it's been 10 years since I last saw him.

That's sick!

I only have... what, 6 more 10 years to go? 7 at the most.

Life is short :)

...He was a lot taller back then though.

But then again, I was a pretty short kid 10 years ago.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually think it could be 10 at the most. You would be a very fine looking toothless old man with vividly long white hair.

10/19/2006 2:51 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

Yipes, to be 123 years old. I'd rather not :P

10/19/2006 5:02 p.m.  
Blogger Havok said...

Who was your teacher: Mr.Stork? LOL...

10/19/2006 5:40 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny said...

Mr. Kerr

10/19/2006 9:40 p.m.  
Blogger Havok said...

Sweet...had him in gr 8 and 10...love that guy....:)

10/21/2006 1:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home