Day 2 Recording
I just might take you up on that offer Bung :) I woke up extra early today to get to my CW early, and yow! The traffic wasn't too congested! So, instead of a stream of backlights, I took a picture of an A-bomb exploding behind downtown.
Oh yeah, you can check out the Beach's Website. Pretty wild stuff! They've done recordings for a lot of famous folks apparently. Colin James' sweat is still lingering in the studio, so I'm trying to lick every inch of the floor in hopes to increase my lack of talent. They also did the soundtrack for Apocolypse Now! I thought that was pretty tubular.
Today's recording session finished off well, but I was really irritated the entire time. All the problems that we had yesterday, decided to show up again today. Couldn't get all the headphone monitors working, initial sound balance took too long... etc. Yet, yesterday, I was able to remind myself what a privelage this was. Today, I was getting a bit edgy.
Also, the song we were working on today, just wasn't doing it for me. And I found it hard to be satisfied with anything! And then I realized, jeeze, why don't I lay off, and just stick to simple rhythm, instead of trying to throw in a line in every empty space. So, taking on the less is more approach, it actually worked out really well!
I went into the soundroom when we started overdubbing the voices, and I tried to read my case studies, but... couldn't concentrate. And I was suddenly reminded of how I only had 3.5 hrs of sleep, which probably contributed to my mood, or lack thereof. So, I opted to pass out, only to wake up with my entire butt and two legs completely asleep. Everything was packed up, and we had to get out of the studio, but I couldn't move lol.


3 Comments:
That's really cool....recording! I'd lend you something just to say that it's been in a recording studio...I'm pretty sure all my stuff is crappy though...do you need a guitar pick? hahaha
pins and needles strike again!!!
where are the pics of you gorgeous?!?
Post a Comment
<< Home